Gibson Brands Forums

Which les to buy?

Naradien

Hey guys, so i was wondering.. which one of these les pauls should i buy? Do you know which one is the slash color (In sweet child o mine, and slither music videos)? Also, for the fireburst one, how come it doesnt have a pickguard(I'm not complaining, cause i dont like them). Also, you can take the pickguards off right? Heres the page:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517030

Thanks!

Wow, two "which one do I buy" threads in one day!

Alright, I dont think any of them really look like slash's LP. Yes, you can take the pickguard off and fireburst should come with a pickguard in the case for you to choose if you want it on.

edit- tim beat me

Hey guys' date=' so i was wondering.. which one of these les pauls should i buy? Do you know which one is the slash color (In sweet child o mine, and slither music videos)? Also, for the fireburst one, how come it doesnt have a pickguard(I'm not complaining, cause i dont like them). Also, you can take the pickguards off right? Heres the page:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517030

Thanks![/quote']

Ok none of those les paul's are the colour of the sweet child of mine video in that video he is using like a aged ice tea burst les paul , none of which is in the page you have provided , look around on other sites or even check out ebay and you can find the colour, the colours are limited on that musicianfriends page, there are way more different finishes out there.

The one he is using in the *slither* video is a tobacco burst les paul , unfortunately for a les paul studio i dont think they make many of those finishes nor the sweet child of mine video of the aged ice tea- where they most feature this finishes on reissue les paul's like the 58 or 59 or 60.

If you really really want that colour from slashes les paul then if i were you i would save up another couple hundred bux and buy a standard where they have these colours,

but its not that important to get the exact colour of his les paul , just go with one you are more happy with.

OK, a couple of questions you need to ask yourself:

1. What style of music do I want to play? (read pick up type).

2. What kind of tone are you looking for? (Bluesy, Metal, Classic Rock) (read body type Hollow or Solid)

3. How much am I willing to spend? (Gibson ranges from about $800 up to >$10,000)

Once you have answered those questions, go down to your local Gibson dealer and play play play. There are so many great finishes available, you'll have to decide which one suits you. You have already completed the first step toward a lifetime of great music making, you want a GIBSON.

Hope this helps, remember everyone has an opinion, but the only one that counts is yours.

Also, take a look at threads like, Post your Les Paul Pics. Some really great looking gear there.

Hope this helps' date=' remember everyone has an opinion, but the only one that counts is yours.

Also, take a look at threads like, Post your Les Paul Pics. Some really great looking gear there.[/quote']

Great advice!

If you get a LP and take the pickguard off, put the screws back in the body. Trust me on this.

Wow' date=' two "which one do I buy" threads in one day!

Alright, I dont think any of them really look like slash's LP. Yes, you can take the pickguard off and fireburst should come with a pickguard in the case for you to choose if you want it on.

edit- tim beat me[/quote']

I don't think the Fireburst model comes with a pickguard. Well, at least mine didn't... and a few other people's.

Archived