Gibson Brands Forums

Is it just me or are their a bunch of Canucks using this board

KDKowalski

Epiphone does a great job marketing here, I see one pile of posts from Canada.

Cheers from Nova Scotia

Epi's I Have owned

Ace Les Paul custom, Les Paul standard plus, EJ160E, AJ15SCE, AJ12, Epi dot natural, Epi dot blue burst, Joe Pass, Elitist LP Custom, Epi LP ultra, Wildkat, LP Custom flametop=d>

Yeah, the hosers pretty much dominate this board most of the time...

Do you have any pics of that blue burst dot? That sounds like it might give me severe GAS...

And don't you totally love the Joe Pass? Mine kicks ***... soo jazzy, gotta love it.

First, you have to have your pics on a site like www.photobucket.com

Then copy the IMG code and paste it in your message. You will only see the link here. Hit preview and voila - a picture appears. You don't have to hit preview first, you can just hit post, but the picture will appear.

Count me in. Born and raised in BC for 37 years until I immigrated to the good ol' USA in 2004.

My favorite Canadian band might be April Wine. Put on "Roller" and hear how rock guitar used to be played!

Nice new forum BTW. Thanks Gibby.

• 6 years later...

Born & raised and never left.

Proud compatriot of: Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Young, Lenny Breau, Bruce Cockburn, Daniel Lanois, Ed Bickert, Colin James, Rick Emmet, Robbie Robertson, Jeff Healey, Alex Lifeson, Randy Bachman, Amos Garrett, Liona Boyd, k.d.laing, Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, to name a few musical Canucks.

Must be the cold winters - makes ya stay inside and practice.

Born & raised and never left.

Proud compatriot of: Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Young, Lenny Breau, Bruce Cockburn, Daniel Lanois, Ed Bickert, Colin James, Rick Emmet, Robbie Robertson, Jeff Healey, Alex Lifeson, Randy Bachman, Amos Garrett, Liona Boyd, k.d.laing, Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, to name a few musical Canucks.

Must be the cold winters - makes ya stay inside and practice.

Me likes your music DrRoger [thumbup] Thee cold winters be served yee well, Lad ;)

I'm just disappointed in our Canadian contingent who left out Ian Tyson and Sylvia Tyson.

I'll never be buddies of Ian. Long story there. But I doubt there's much more talent crammed into one guy. Sylvia Tyson to me is also frequently underrated even by those in her own country.

As for weather... Dr. Roger and I don't live that much different on a north-south spectrum and some past Canadian friends actually lived farther south; I teased them as "southerners."

In both cases, however, cold winters in rural communities tend to keep both the bugs and the riff-raff down to an extent - as well as offering a bit of time to figure practicing guitar makes better sense than going out to play.

m

Me likes your music DrRoger Thee cold winters be served yee well, Lad ;)

Thanks retro,

those YouTube vids are mostly from a couple years ago; plenty of practice since then, maybe I'll post some updates with thee olde Epiphone.

And milod's right; Ian Tyson is a great singer-songwriter; his Four Strong Winds was voted all-time best Canadian song. And I saw Sylvia do a live concert last year; great performance. Very nostalgic.

By the way, I live near a town called Birr, just north of London. Aptly named!

Archived