Gibson Brands Forums

Buzzing on J-45 TrueVintage

Glorbon

Alright i recently chaned strings on my J-45 to Elixir 12-53. Well when the guitar was newly strung i noticed a high buzzing the dark E and the D string.

Firsst i thought it came from the neck but i soon realised it came from the saddle. By pressing the saddle hard i can eliminate all buzzing.

So i thoguht i had strung the guitar wrong but when i restrung it the same buzzing appeared.

So my question is to u guys how to make saddle buzzing to disaper?. Thanks alot.

Did you make sure your saddle is completely seated in the saddle slot properly? I'm not sure I've ever heard of someone actually having a buzz coming from their saddle itself. Could it be from the ball end of the strings not being properly seated? You have to make sure you pull the ball ends up tight.

My SJ-150 had an obnoxious buzz when playing the D or G string open and/or up through the 3rd or 4th fret. It sounded like it was coming from the area of the saddle/bridge. As it turned out however, it was a matter of too low neck relief. I adjusted the neck relief ever so slightly and goodbye buzz. Sometimes the source of the buzz is not readily apparent...

Pic

hmm i see, well here is the strange thing. When the guitar lays just flat on the ground, the strings wont buzz, but if u put the guitar in "playing position" the guitar starts to buzz again. I'm not any good at buzzing so i can't figure out where it realy comes from, but it seems like it comes from the saddle.

Any1 else have theese problems?

Archived