Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
taytay8b

Epi Valve Junior Halfstack Question

Hello, I'm seriously considering in purchasing the Valve Junior Halfstack, but i was wondering if you would be able to hook up more than one cabinet. I would buy the halfstack and then get an extra cab to hook up to it, so i'd have two cabs, resulting in a junior stack of some sort lol or would i have to buy two seperate half stack packages resulting in 2 heads and 2 cabs instead of 1 head and 2 cabs?

Hello' date=' I'm seriously considering in purchasing the Valve Junior Halfstack, but i was wondering if you would be able to hook up more than one cabinet. I would buy the halfstack and then get an extra cab to hook up to it, so i'd have two cabs, resulting in a junior stack of some sort lol or would i have to buy two seperate half stack packages resulting in 2 heads and 2 cabs instead of 1 head and 2 cabs?[/quote']

Sure, you can hook up both cabs in parallel for an 8 ohm load. But you'll need to add a parallel jack to the amp, or to one of the speaker cabs. Oh, and you can get the cabs separately. 2 heads are definitely more fun, though.

Gil...

gil's right - but what I do is run a 16ohm Jensen P10R into the 8ohm jack and a Vin30 8ohm into the 4ohm jack using one head and it sounds great! Seperate the cabs and I'm in tone heaven. That Jensen really brings my amp alive!

Which by the way Gil modded. I still say it's the best one he did but last night he gave me a scare with his newest one he's working on for a buddy of his. That's because he's using a 6v6 - 6L6 - EL34- Kt88's. A freakin BUFFET amp! But I'm happy=d>