Gibson Brands Forums

Not that I need another amp...

JayGLongBeach

Hard to beat that deal, I agree JG!

Enjoy your new gear. I completed a Vox project today. I gutted a Vox VBM1 of its amp and 6" speaker, then installed an 8" 16 ohm Celestion speaker in parallel as an extension cabinet, bolted it onto and wired into a 2nd 8" 16ohm Celestion speaker in another VBM1 (in which I left the amp installed) so the amp sees its usually 8 ohm load. HUGE inprovement in tone and, because its only a 10 amp solid state amp, I can pretty well run it at any volume I want. It may become my new bedroom amp, although I just ordered a new Blackheart head today, that I had planned to use in that capacity.

But enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think of my project?

(Sorry for the temporary detour)

Hard to beat that deal' date=' I agree JG!

Enjoy your new gear. I completed a Vox project today. I gutted a Vox VBM1 of its amp and 6" speaker, then installed an 8" 16 ohm Celestion speaker in parallel as an extension cabinet, bolted it onto and wired into a 2nd 8" 16ohm Celestion speaker in another VBM1 (in which I left the amp installed) so the amp sees its usually 8 ohm load. HUGE inprovement in tone and, because its only a 10 amp solid state amp, I can pretty well run it at any volume I want. It may become my new bedroom amp, although I just ordered a new Blackheart head today, that I had planned to use in that capacity.

But enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think of my project?

(Sorry for the temporary detour)

[/quote']

Hey Gary,

thanks! The amp is working out just fine... for future reference, the ac15 is nowhere close to the

tone of a Fender super reverb...

Too bad there isn't a way to show off amp projects like we can show guitar pics on this site...

It would be neat to really hear the upgrades on an amp!

unfortunately, i can only plug in to an amp an adjust settings- tinkering with speaker upgrades or tubes would be a minor miracle for me...

Hope your new set up cranks!

Jay

Archived