Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone leaving their Valve jr stock?

jman99

Well, yeah, I suppose the new ones do sound pretty decent out of the box especiallyt if you're a harp or tele guy......but just the fact that you're posting here tell's me you may be in trouble already - you see, they put put put a super addictive chemical in these things that make you crave a mod fortnightly.....javascript:insertsmiley(':d/ ','/images/emoticons/eusa_dance.gif')

With all the talk of mods' date=' is anyone just satisfied with a stock jr?[/quote']

Yep.

That is, I hear there are. People say they are. And I believe them.

I have two, I intended to keep one stock AT LEAST until I finished the first head.

Didn't happen.

Now.. these were V2 heads, and after hearing that epi replaced the OT and swapped in a few value changes on certain components, I tripped on down to the local GC to hear the V3.

Same old blanket was over that baby. Just no highs to speak of at all. and power? both of mine will floor a stock VJ clean or dirty.

esp. dirty. #-o/

Would I even keep on stock? Maybe. It still needs some highs, so if you have a vj V3 and pedal for bright in front..

you'd probably be very happy.

And you'd get the warranty which is tossed out with modding.

The thing is, once you're in there, as Zoki says.. you tend to want to change this, then that, then another.

Is it a bad amp, stock? Heck no. I was very surprised, and that's why I bought another before I modded my first one yet at all.

But when you realize what you can do to lows, highs, overdrive, distortion, you tend to want to do those things.

A pedal or two in front though, and you have a pretty sweet little tube amp.

TWANG

Archived