Gibson Brands Forums

Where to Buy mods

Cole

So, I've been looking around and have been trying to figure out how i want to mod my

soon to get V3 VJ half stack. I've been snowed in for 3 days and have not been able to

get out. I've been looking at the lets see your amps post and have decided I want to do.

A bitmo spanky, a bitmo brat, a standby switch, and some sort of high/low gain switch

or crunch switch like on twangs amps. The only problem is i've been googling for Vj mods

and can't find anything good exept the bitmo stuff. Where do you guys buy this stuff at.

P.S. Twang what is your E-mail adresss, maybe we can strike a deal on my Vj combo.

You're best bet is the faq at the top of this page.. and the vj monster thread.. and the people here and elsewhere willing to help you out.

I did two heads that way.

There are tons of descriptions, and pictures of almost every mod available around.. so the people end of it is really important.

Decide what sounds you want.. know which version vj you have.. have a good idea of what you would be willing to spend to get there..

and it wont be long before you're a mod junky!

Putting in a standby is easy, for example.. and while there's not much more involved in replacing a resistor somewhere, sometimes it's hard to get to, you have to understand some relationships in the amp to get the right value.

But it's not rocket science, for the most part and you can do some very good things.

coleman_patrick@hotmail.com

and there's a thread at sewatt about the crunch, etc. switches. Hey.. I had mine in wrong before! Though it did no harm, eventually it may have.

These are tough little amps and they'll take quite a bit of oopsies without going bad!

TWANG

Archived