Gibson Brands Forums

Which one?!

leps

I just got back from guitar center. I am currently stuck between the Dot, G-400, Standard Les Paul, or the Firebird. I do not know which one to get. They all fit my bill and all play really well to me. I wanna know your opinions on which one I should really get. I play indie and alternative rock. Thanks!

I just got back from guitar center. I am currently stuck between the Dot' date=' G-400, Standard Les Paul, or the Firebird. I do not know which one to get. They all fit my bill and all play really well to me. I wanna know your opinions on which one I should really get. I play indie and alternative rock. Thanks![/quote']

never cared for hollowbodies or guitar shapes like firebirds/jaguars/ ect

rather have an explorer, which are quite interesting, comfortable to me, and look better

If they all feel the same to you, buy the Firebird first.

Of all the other guitar players you know, how many are playing Les Pauls or SGs?

Then, how many are playing a 335-style hollowbody?

Of all the people playing Gibson-style guitars, I'm sure very few of them are playing Firebirds...

If they don't make any difference to you, just get the one that will make you stand out. If nothing else, people will recognize you as "the guy that's not playing a Les Paul."

Archived