Gibson Brands Forums

musoland.com.cn????? fakes?/?

evol04gt

id like to thank richochet for this link.... anyone ever try one of these??? i see some lefty fake gibsons on there.. im sure the electronics are junk, but some of the guitars i cant get for under 3000-4000 are on here!!!!! anyone have thoughts?

and riccochet--- do you have someone to fix that headstock? my gibson was like that but with a twist crack also down to the 9th fret area

Yeah, these are trash. It would be one thing if you could touch them and see if there were any that were actually playable, because, hey, $200 isn't even that bad for a chunk of particle board with strings on it, but there is absolutely no way to justify buying one of these things sight unseen. Not to mention giving your credit card number to a strange chinese website. This site is really only good for a couple of laughs. I love how random the prices are, too. $200 for a Gibson Custom LP, $180 for an Epi SG Special. Amazing.

I had to take a closer look at this one, though. The finish is absolutely gorgeous, looks almost like burl wood (like my humidor) but a little darker. If only Gibson actually made a guitar that looked like this, I'd be swelling up with GAS all over again.

http://www.musoland.com.cn/list.asp?ProdId=1016

@Evol04gt found this at another forum and bookmarked it. Amazing isn't it!? I wouldn't mind trying on one of those at these prices. But they're probably crap anyway.

I will be repairing the headstock myself. I used to tinker around, building guitars. But it's been a while, and I need to update my tools and stuff.

@hoobiepatrol The pictures sure are pretty aren't they? It just occured to me. Could be they have different versions for the pics and for the ones they ship... And speaking of pictures. At a $200 pricepoint that gorgeous burlwood is just that, a picture. I've seen it before. Not even a nice "classy piece of veneer" but a big sticker. Look up close and you'd see the inkdots!

funny thing is i JUST saw the white sg custom copy they sell for 200 plus 110 shipping on ebay (EXACT GUITAR MADE BY THEM) for 699 plus shipping...the seller is claiming he had it'custom made to gibson specs by a place in china " i tried looking for it, but couldnt find it... i think that someone jsut paid 800 shipped for a 300 dollar piece of art.. lol

Buyer Beware!

Hey Ricochet, ever thought of making a Steinberger out of that thing?

You could put a fine tuning bridge on it and use the Floyd Rose pre-stretched strings.

You might start a whole new trend for all those headless Epi's on eBay!

Archived