Gibson Brands Forums

Stickers on the back of headstock.....has anyone else removed them ?

RSDx

Granted, if the guitar is legit, it'll come with the "made in China", "Inspected and set-up in USA", whatever, stickers it. But why does it appear that so many folks leave them on there, judging from photos posted here and there ??? I can't stand cheesy looking stickers plastered to my stuff - they came off immediately from both my old Epi acoustic (serial # is stickered inside body) and my Epi LP (obviously, serial # is under the poly). Does it make folks feel that it's "proof" that their guitar is a "real Epi" or what ??? Looks much classier and definitely "cleaner" w/o the clutter of crappy lil stickers, IMHO. If some folks choose to leave them on, that's fine with me, just wonderin' why ??

Fwiw, my mountainbike is also stickerless....frame (matte black) , fork, rear shock, and wheels are completely stripped,

looks nice that way, IMHO. I'd debadge my car, too, but it's 16+ years old and me thinkst the paint would be aged to the point where you'd easily see where the badges had been, so.....nah.

Yeah I usually peel 'em off too. We put a dealer sticker on our guitars and I recommend that the buyer leave them on... that way we recognize it as "one of ours" when it comes in for service and that usually means "no charge" for basic adjustments and tweaks or repairs... whereas if a guitar comes in with a "Steve's" sticker the deal is, shall we say, different.

well considering my '91 Epi LP has the S/N on a sticker' date=' I won't be taking that off ;)

i wish it was stamped or printed... but it is what it is... so the sticker stays... (that's how they were back then)

[/quote'] Yeah, that's understandable. I guess the majority of headstock sticker pics I see are from new excited owners, I shall surmise. That's understandable, as well.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being crazy or o/c about it For the record, my aj acoustic was inspected/setup by #5, and my LP was done by #22, iirc...fwiw

I left the Inspected & Set Up.....sticker on.

On my cars I remove the dealer badging from the exterior but I like to keep the dealer's name on the vehicle somewhere so they know I bought from them when it's in for service. Usually the driver's door jamb is where I have the dealer's name.

Dealership marks on cars irk me to no end. If I'm paying you $30k for a new car, why should you get to advertise your business on it for free? I generally don't hold with paying a company so I can be their billboard. Having said that, I'm brainwashed enough that I'm not rushing to black out the "Epiphone" on the headstock...

Archived