Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Les Paul information Please

sunny82

Could someone help me with info on a Epiphone Les Paul, marked with a sticker that says "LP-3/PW"

it kind of looks like a junior with 2 single coil pickups and a humbucker, Stienbeger locking tremelo, 2 knobs and three 2 position mini toggle switches.....................Im stumped on this one.

A freind gave it to me and I would just like to know exactly what it is called, how many were made ( cant be many ) and general info.

Thanks

Sunny82

:-k

You're right. Very rare bird indeed. Since it is Pearl White as I guessed, then I'd venture that you have answered your own question; it's an LP-3. If there's a serial number on it anywhere that might give a clue as to the date of manufacture. Can we see a closeup of the headstock?

Yeah I was able to access the photos directly by using the "quote" feature to display the URLs. Next time make your pics SMALLER. =P~

So.. no serial number anywhere? Back of the headstock? On a neck plate maybe?

Epi does not provide production numbers, so as to how many were made, it's anybody's guess. My thought is that it turned out to be a bad seller and as such they stopped making them after the inital batch.

Archived