Gibson Brands Forums

Epi for Blues?

Bangbang

Like GNF said....any guitar. If you're looking for a particular sound, or to copy someone else's, then yeah some might work better than others, but just for blues in general any will do.

P.S. I guess we was typing at the same time. Anyhow not arguing with you tusaslim...LOL...I guess I'm set in my ways too, hell getting old ain't it.

Ok you said Blues. I think the Epi was made for Blues. A lot of guys will change out their pickups for more trebly, harder sounding pickups. I think that the dirty, muddy sound of the Epi pickups is perfect for the blues. I use my Elitist Les paul Custom for Gary Moore and Clapton style and I know they are actually Gibson pickups . After all Claptons mid boosted Strat is just copying a hummbucker sound. For the more raunchier stuff I pick up my Sheraton, and she doesn't dissapoint. I use mainly Fender amps and you cannot beat the Gibson/Epi tone into a Fender amp for the blues. I do use my Strats but for the electric blues you can't beat the Epis.

I admit I do own Gibsons and I use them a lot but I have always said in this forum that I really like the dirtier tones I get with my Epi Pickups and I haven't changed one on any of my guitar.

Sure is lostindesert, I mean I don't think it's more important, but defintely an important part of the equaition....IMO the other half actually. You know there's so many variables and choices.....then there's which type of blues.

LOL...what I do think is that we all been rope-a-dope by Bangbang. I mean asking which Epi is best for blues is like asking which Ford is best to drive IMO.

Still......definitely like reading the different opinions on the subject though...especially the different gear everybody hooks up to.

Archived