Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Pictures - Ultra

joeymetro

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/562607718rZcgQn?vhost=entertainment

I changed the strings today and cleaned and polished my guitar.

For some reason this guitar is hard to photograph.

Just me and my camera most likely.

I put Gibson Pure - Humbucker 10-46 strings on and they sound great.

My dog was howling a little louder than usually when I was practicing today.

LOL :P

Epiphone make great guitars!

Well, I gotta tell ya, that guitar sure is perty! I heard some sound bytes of it on our local cable network, they run a Guitar World thingy, and they were talkin' about that Ultra II, and it sound pretty sweet in either config, I almost wanna get one!

Ya know, that's what I like about them Quilt finishes, when I polish mine up, it's almost like you can dive right into it, that looks really nice Jerrymac, and to think, if I didn't get the Goldtop, I coulda got 2 ultras. and an amp.#-o

I've been a Strat/Super Strat player my whole career (26 years now). I finally made the leap over to the Les Paul. I bought the Ultra II mostly because I really wanted a hybrid, and figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and get the LP tone as well. I must tell you, the Ultra II is rapidly becoming my go-to guitar. My Mesa Stiletto Deuce LOVES it. My rig sounds amazingly thick and full and delicious with the LP. Epiphone really hit a home run on the Ultra series. =D>

I did change my American Strat for the Ultra and it's the best thing I did since a long time. Like Insideout, I was a Fender addic since at least 10 years . I loved to play a C shape neck, what hooked me on Fender, but I was always disapointed with the week sound of Strat and Tele. I found that the Ultra have a very Fender similar neck and a sound very near the Standard LP. Anyway, enough to make me a new LP happy guitar player. I almost had an Epi LP all the time since I love the shape and look, but I disliked the neck shape, so it always been my backup guitar. I'm happy to announce that my Ultra is now my main guitar to Gig...

Archived