Gibson Brands Forums

Going Tp Pick Up My " New " Elitist Tomorrow

sexygibson

Some of you that have been around a while may know that I use to own one of the original Elitist Les Paul Standards and the Elitist SG before they were both discontinued. Like a fool I sold them both off on Ebay.

I have really gassed ever since, particularly for another Elitist SG. Well, over the weekend I saw one on the bay about 2 1/2 hours away. I emailed the seller with a offer and told him I would even come pick the guitar up. He accepted and I am driving up tomorrow !

I'm gonna hold on to this one !

What color is it? I've got a cherry and a worn brown. Won't part with either one of them, either. Glad to have grabbed them before they were gone.

I've played a number of Gibson SGs and I'd rate the elitists superior to any of the Gibsons below their '61 re-issue. That includes the Special, Classic, and Standard. The elitists have the thin neck (which I really like) and the workmanship is top notch. (I've seen some pretty sloppy workmanship on some Classics & Specials). I also prefer the hotter 50/60 (490/498) pickups over the '57 classics (which I've always thought to be a 'hot' guitar much more suited for lead than rhythm playing. I've always thought the '57 classics were the wrong pickup for that guitar; too warm).

Congrats on finding one. It seems most elitist owners won't part with theirs. Don't blame them.

Well guys; the deal fell through. The seller called me this morning with the news. I believe that he might think he was letting it go to cheaply. Oh well; they'll be more.

I did find something interesting today at my local. They have a '93 Gibby L.P. Studio Lite. It is the model with the h/s/h configuration. I played it and it played like butter. It didnt have the fat neck profile like most of the Studio models I have played. Plug it into a So-Cal head and nailed many of my favorite classic rock tones. I may just put the Epi Slash and Prophecy on the backburner and pick this little jewel up.

Well guys; the deal fell through. The seller called me this morning with the news. I believe that he might think he was letting it go to cheaply. Oh well; they'll be more.

I did find something interesting today at my local. They have a '93 Gibby L.P. Studio Lite. It is the model with the h/s/h configuration. I played it and it played like butter. It didnt have the fat neck profile like most of the Studio models I have played. Plug it into a So-Cal head and nailed many of my favorite classic rock tones. I may just put the Epi Slash and Prophecy on the backburner and pick this little jewel up.

Condolences SG. I know the bitter taste of having a bargain pulled from under your feet because of $$s on the bay. [-X Stay with the chase - you'll get your SG.

Archived