Gibson Brands Forums

Epi parts, where to get them ?

lespauluII

Im new here to the forum and a new Epi owner. I am glad to see that

Epiphone has set up this site.

I want to change some of the trim/hardware parts out on my LP ultra II and don't

know who to order thru. We don't have a local dealer in our area.

Any help ??[-X

Thanks

Mike

i do'nt know if you want orig. replacement parts but if you go to guitarfetish.com he has quality replacement parts for epi's.good solid chrome/black/gold.i bought a bridge for my lester and its very good,solid.very fast delivery too

Here's how I've gotten original Epiphone parts - I e-mailed customer service, got the part numbers and asked my local Epi dealer to oder them. Got them in a couple weeks. Pretty painless. It's usually the smaller shops that will give you that kind of service. The "big box" shops usually don't give a rip what parts you need. (Just my experience).

Here's how I've gotten original Epiphone parts - I e-mailed customer service' date=' got the part numbers and asked my local Epi dealer to oder them. Got them in a couple weeks. Pretty painless. It's usually the smaller shops that will give you that kind of service. The "big box" shops usually don't give a rip what parts you need. (Just my experience).[/quote']

Completely agree with the smaller shops. You may pay a bit more but the service is usually way way better. And quicker as well. Case in point: I ordered an Eminence (10 inch Rajun Cajun) speaker through GC. It took 1 day short of 4 weeks before they had it! That really pissed me off. Shortly after that, I ordered 2 more Eminence speakers ( 12 Inch Texas Heat ) from my favorite small shop. I paid about $10 more each, but they arrived in just over a week.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I like the stuff that GuitarFetish has. Good quality and low prices, quick shipping as well. GC may have low prices, but IMHO, I think their service and customer care kinda sucks (unless you flash them a big wad of bills I suppose).

A few places to shop online :

GFS (Guitar Fetish)

Sweetwater

Stewart Mac

When the dealer trick won't do, 've had lots of success finding tough to find parts at AllParts. Stew-Mac, GuitarPartsResource & GuitarFetish, too. All really good parts spots that'll usually have more in-stock,

or more interest in helping you, than the big-box shops.

Archived