Gibson Brands Forums

VJ Master Volume Mod

hizelks

Hello,

(sorry if this has been covered or explained elsewhere but I couldn't find anything)

I just picked up the Epi head and cab today at work. Lovin it. I don't really feel like buying the Altair attenuator my boss borrowed me and due to my apartment living 5 watts is still way too loud. I found a site with a "Power 10-uator". Looks alright...I'm a fan of the Line Out. Anybody know of a site that shows simple instructions for a attenuator master volume mod? I haven't seemed to be able to find one. I want the crunch but at apartment volume. I'm looking for one that I can have another knob on the front so I have a gain and a master.

Thanks,

J

Master volumes are for amps with high gain preamps. The VJr is anything BUT high gain, so 95% of the sweet tone and all of the distortion comes from the power tube. But attenuators suck all the life out of tone and dynamics by the time you get the amp dialed down to comfortable bedroom volume. You need something that doesn't suck tone. You need the VVR, Variable Voltage Regulator.

http://www.sewatt.com/node/16172

Gil...

Archived