Gibson Brands Forums

Valve Junior Distribution?

I want to buy Epiphone Valve Junior.

Do Epiphone Valve Junior distributed in Asia?

I heard from some local music stores in my country (Indonesia) that Valve Junior only distributed in North America and Europe.

Is it true?

If I must buy it from internet, I'm afraid that the amps wont be arrived in my house.

I don't really know. USA Australia England Canada all seem to have them.

I don't know if Musicians Friend will ship to Indonesia. It seems they would, though. Have you checked their website?

That being said, you can get international shipping from many places; it'll be expensive and take forever though.

Yes I've checked some online seller sites, it almost cost, if I'm not wrong, 70 or 80 US$ for international shipping (that's more than half price for Valve Junior Head - 129.99 US$). That's crazy!

I don't really know. USA Australia England Canada all seem to have them.

Well lucky for me if Australia have them, my lovely father will visit Sydney on April 15-16. I will ask him to look after Valve Junior for my birthday present [-o< .

CeriaTone is known for good iron, and since they're in your neighborhood already, they'd probably save you a bundle just on shipping alone. So why not just skip all the usual VJr mods and build the right amp, right from the start from a kit. Like this one.

http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/AC5F1Champ/AC5F1ChampKits.htm

But if my father can't find it, then I will considering build an amp from ceriatone.

I really want small tube amp for practicing and recording , but it's hard to find small tube amp that suited me. And if there are some, it will cost for 350 - 500 US$. That's to much for me, I must wait maybe for 6 month until I can earn that money.

That's why I want Valve Junior since it only cost for 129.99 US$ for the head and I can modify it later when I get some extra cash.

Anyway, thanks for all the informations.

Regards =D>

I really want small tube amp for practicing and recording ' date=' but it's hard to find small tube amp that suited me. And if there are some, it will cost for 350 - 500 US$. That's to much for me, I must wait maybe for 6 month until I can earn that money.

That's why I want Valve Junior since it only cost for 129.99 US$ for the head and I can modify it later when I get some extra cash.

Regards [-o< [/quote']

Then you're making the right decision for all the right reasons. Best of all, you'll be able to learn your amp inside and out while hotrodding the tone to the point where it'll blow those megabuck factory amps right off the shelf. The buzz you'll get from that is priceless!

Gil...

Oh yeah. Almost forgot about the VJr's better looking European twin, the Harley Benton GA-5. That's pretty much just a VJr with blond tolex and a tone pot thrown in. Most folks consider it quite likely from the same factory as the VJr, so if you can't easily get the Epiphone in Indonesia, look for a Harley Benton as an alternate.

Gil...

Uh oh. Check out the prices on GA-5's! Only $126.02 by today's exchange rate! We're gettin' robbed!

Not really. I just read that it's actually just leftover stock for a version 2 VJr, and even has the epiphone stamp scratched off the green circuit board. Go figure. Also, the GA-5's tone stack sucks since it's right before the el84, but that's easily fixable; so right out of the box it probably won't sound nearly as good as the version 3 Valve Junior. And it certainly won't be as dependable or easy to mod without the new improved black circuit board; so a turretboard upgrade would be recommended. Maybe an OT as well.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_ga5h.htm?sid=479882655273e4df5a6af5c7473ae8b7

If you can get a v3 VJr, get it. If you can't, the GA-5 would be still make a good platform for serious hotrodding, just like the VJr. Better, in fact. You've got the hole in the chassis for the tone pot already drilled, all nice and neat. That's actually a plus in my book. :D

Gil...

Archived