Gibson Brands Forums

Places that sell VJ V3s

Anyone got any idea who sells V3 VJs yet?

I'm looking at the pictures of the half stack on Music123 and it's showing a V3 there (see:)

http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Half-Stack-481475-i1275082.Music123

zZounds shows a v1 or v2 for the head, I'm currently asking them about how their stock moves and trying to find out if they're currently running on the V3 shipments now.

I want to resolder my V1 (which has a V3 OT in it now) and stabilize the rectifier (it's not soldered correctly, it goes out sometimes), and also possibly do a component replacement with a fresh mod board. I might take the cleaned up V1 and sell it for around $200 with good JJ tubes (this is at a loss overall); or I might keep it. I want to get a V3 half-stack though.

Everybody has 'em now. Supplies of v2 VJr's were running out in April 2007, and by May every distributor was backordered. The v3 VJr came out June 2007. So what are the odds of getting an older model from a big box distributor this year?

Gil...

Right, but was it full price from a big distributor, or a reduced price scratch and dent special? That Music 123 deal is for the head and cab. And the cab didn't appear until the version 3 amp also hit the street.

Gil...

It was full price from a single family owned store down the street. Bill's Music, actually; the place usurps two department-store-sized buildings and a huge parking lot between them. I glanced at the densely packed walls of guitars when I went in there... and the volume of people, geeze. For a family run business they've got like 10 times more customer traffic than the Guitar Center on the other side of the beltway.

Too bad the beautiful silverburst les paul was a Gibson. $5000 I can't do, but I'd love to see an Epi Studio or Standard Plus Top in that finish. (This is when you send your girlfriend to go flirt with the store clerk to try to pick up a discount)

Ouch! You was robbed! Can't depend on end point retailers willing to dump humifried junk on an unwary public. It's best to shop with the warehouse distributors on the web like MF, AMS, Music123, ZZounds, etc. They're pretty much the only ones with a constant stock turnover. And still, you have to be ready to send it back if it doesn't meet up to your version 3 amp standards.

Gil...

Archived