Gibson Brands Forums

Gig bags for Valve Jr...

Hello everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself once again. I've been here (the old forum) a few times in the past seeking advice regarding mods, but I have all I can do to find time to play guitar so I don't get to hang out here much.

Here is a little background to my relationship with the VJr. I've been playing a Valve Jr. exclusively now for about 6 months. I sold off my Tiny Terror when I got this amp and I have never regretted it. I recently installed the full BitMo Trio mods and I am very happy with tones I am getting running it through a 1x12, with an Eminence Texas Heat. I may upgrade the OT yet but I a not really in a hurry to do so. I actually think I may pick up a 2nd once before too long and run either run it through a seperate 1x10 or get a 1x10 + 1x12 stereo cab made up for me by Ear Candy. Either way I think this would offer a lot versatility, in a rig that would provide great stereo capabilities, at a volume level that would be perfect for most bars in my neighborhood.

One of things that I actually did miss about my Tiny Terror was the gig bag. My VJr gets moved around a lot, going over friends houses and really felt like I needed to protect the mod work that I have done so far. Being that I have a small cut and sew business/hobby that I run out of my house, I decided that I would do a small production run of gig bags, and make them available to my fellow Valve Jr brethren.

Currently, I have a couple dozen gig bags available for sale. They are very high quality and they are made in the USA. They can found at http://www.rightstuff.biz/productpages/ValveJr_GigBag.htm and once they gone, they will probably not be available again.

Please forgive for the shameless spam but I thought that a few of you would be interested in knowing about these.

Thanks for listening and have a great day.

Welcome back! And thanks for posting the link. These amps need a worthy gig bag, and yours looks way better than the usual thin slip cover raincoats I have for most of my heads and cabs. None of which fit my VJr, by the way; and worse, none have pockets for cables!

Um, got any other sizes available? I have 4 VJr heads, but sometimes my VJr combo is all I need. It's also a lot heavier than the stock combo, so a bag for that amp might need a bit of extra strap support underneath.

Gil...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gil,

Sorry it took a few to get back with your question but I have been crazy short on time and I forgot to subscribe to this thread.

I don't have have any other gig bags in the lineup at this time but I have been interested by the number of requests that I am getting. I'll just have to see how these go over I guess and make a decision based on cost of production. Your interest has been noted in my running tally.

Strength would not be a problem if I decided to do one for the combo. Your idea would certainly be one way to make it work but I'm not even sure that would be necessary. I'll have to look into the weight of the combos.

That's easy. Right now, mine's 25.6 lbs with a Jensen P8r, no back panel, a Hammond 125ESE, and lots of extra spaghetti, of course. That weight could easily increase by few pounds if I swap PT's, or simply from squeezing a wah pedal in back for transport (yeah, it just fits).

Come to think of it, just having a little extra protection in front and back from stiff bag panels would not be a bad idea at all, as much for just keeping the usual stuff-in-the-back from falling out as it is for protecting the speaker grill.

Hey, if there were padded inside pockets on each side-end, and maybe lateral cinch straps, you could squeeze more stuff in to compensate for the slack fit of a slightly smaller combo. And I'm sure there are a whole lot of little combos out there in need of a decent universal gig bag. =D>

Gil...

I use the Apple Macintosh made carrying bags for these little critters. The "original iMac" has exactly the same dimension as the VJ-head. Perfect fit with room left for cords and spare tubes.

Maybe you'll be able to find them on ebay. Do a search for bags for Apple Macintosh models 128, 512, Plus, ED, SE, Classic, or Classic2. I'm sure I forgot 1 or 2. Don't know of any 3rd party bags but I'm sure they're out there.

ed.JPG

Archived