Gibson Brands Forums

it has arrived...

evol04gt

the new g400 lefty is ginally here.. (second one).... this one is FLAWLESS..... sounds good outta box..almostintune but about a half step low..... action needs dropped a TAD ... the cheap strings sound good, but are really sticky and the low e goes in and out (still prob the strings..)

i m not tweaking the truss rod till the new strings are on... cant tell if they put 10s or 9s on it... lol....

guitar sounds GREAT acoustically-- im waiting till tomorrow to crank it through the amp...... let the fun settle in slowly...the fret edges arent sharp at all..... frets all feel pretty nice.....

intonation seems about perfect..headstock and neck have aloy of flex... normal:::?????

okay.... so i just cranked it for a bit on clean and distortion..... then played the gibson lespaul on clean and distortion........ time to change strings and drop action---then compare... the epi actually has a less harsh tone using only the bridge pick up than the gibby... totally unespected.... i am remarkablly impressed with the tone from this guitar in comparison... the gibby playes WAAAAAAY faster and more like butter, but that is mostliekely due to 2 fret dressings over the years...... wow.... epiphone is REALLY kicking some major *** in my book.....time for more!

not yet... ill do that tomorrow.... dropped the action even lower... there is a decent amount of acoustic fret buzz when played hard but cant hear it through the amp at all... im pretty happy... the tone is GREAT.... i am really suprized. its disturbing to think that the gibson version is 1500 for me...lol... this guitar is REDICULOUSLY under priced..

yeah i love it!!!!! havent put itdown i wont go to bed to busy playing dressed frets and it would be a killer killer player...

the deep cherry over mahogany is sick to stare at.. i like the smaller pickgaurd too... the only thing that bothers me is that it doesnt follow the body edge at all..... but its a 4 ply pick guard. the tone was really nice..the neck pick up isnt bassy like the les paul (honestly suprized..) abd the bridge is just great tone for ROCk!!! i really expected to hate the pick ups but i dig them.... i am truly blown away... i have really high standards too.... its a shame there is no neck binding... 8-[ but the epiphone logo and the sg/old gibson inlay thing on the headstock are a really rish pearl (almost like abalone)... stays intune pretty well with playing and bends (another big suprize..pp it will be a big flat, but i figured it would strum out of tune)

300-400 dollar guitars were NEVER anywhere near this good back when i started playing... good god the kids of today are lucky!.. id like to put the green tuning hats over the chrome hats,= but im sure that will be impossible without getting new tuners..

Archived