Gibson Brands Forums

Ultra II battery question

VibroChamp

My new Ultra II just arrived today...sweet! Played her for two hours and then read the information that came with it. There is no mention of the battery other than to say to replace it if the signal degrades. But should you remove it when not using it? There is no on/off switch... thanks for any information on this.

Gratz on the new fiddle!! I love mine completely

I've heard that you just need to unplug your cord when not using. I think it's like a stomp box where leaving it plugged in will drain the battery. I don't think it's necessary to remove the battery just like you wouldn't with a stomp.:-k/

I once had a Fender Startocaster Powerhouse that had a battery to boost the single coil ( a bit like the Clapton version ).

As said "Insideout" just unpluging the cord was OK. I presume it's the same with your Ultra II. By the way, I have an Ultra...and thinking to add an Ultra II in the studio... Congrtats for your guitar.

One minor note of caution. If for any reason you have to store the guitar, you may want to disconnect the battery. I had an Alembic Strato-blaster modded into a Strat and had it "in storage" for almost a year. When I opened the case, there was an acidic smell and a white film all over the body. When I took the harness plate off there was white fuzz all over the wiring. As you can see in the photo the blaster switch is in the "on" position at all times but I don't know if this contributed to the issue. Although the battery was intact, it must have seeped or some type of unknown reaction took place. However it did clean up well and after installing a new battery it worked just the same........J

Can anybody guess as to what may have happened???.........J

Moreguts007.jpg

GAAH! How I hate people with Ultra II's!

I spend $600 or something on that guitar just to have it replaced a year later! They've made the SG for 46 years, yet my LP is replaced in one year! I should get a free Ultra II! Or $$ towards another guitar!

But hey, you're from Connecticut! So am I!

Where'd you buy it? I just saw one at the Guitar Center in Orange last weekend...

Actually I ordered it from MF...I had a 20% off coupon that expired at the end of February and the Guitar Center in Manchester didn't have any. Then I received a new MF catalog and the Ultra II was on the cover for 599 and inside for 699. When I called and asked what is the correct price, they gave it to me for $599 minus 20%. That is just about free in my opinion! The guitar is set up perfectly, no issues whatsover. My strats are over in the corner sulking a bit, but they'll get over it...

My strats are over in the corner sulking a bit' date=' but they'll get over it...[/quote']

(Grin) MY strat feels the same way. I've only taken it out of the house once or twice in the last year. It can't compete with the beefy tone and sustain of my Pauls. It's stange, I used to think the Strat was THE guitar, but somehow, you can't go back once you get used to playing an LP.

Archived