Gibson Brands Forums

Dating my Dot Deluxe

sykofiddle

Hi there, newbie here. I just bought a used Dot Deluxe that seems, shall we say, older than new. The binding is aged and the gold hardware is tarnished. There's also quite a bit of fretwear. All of this is good because it suggests that this guitar has been played. The serial number is 100011018. It also says "Gibson" on the truss rod cover.

I'm guessing Korean made, 5-10 years ago???

Thanks, Michael

My guess is the 1 at the begining is an "I". Guitardater shows this:

Your guitar was made at the

Saein Plant, Korea

January 2000

Production Number: 1018

Break down of numbers =

I = Saien

00 - 2000

01 = Jan

1018 = the production number that month.

I don't know for sure, I had one custom made for mine. Some here said the All Parts 335 pickguard fit, you may need to do a little trimming though. One way to find out is take your Epi pick guard off and take it into a guitar shop and see how it lines up with the 335 pick guard.

I made myself a new one for my Dot... I really didn't like the shape of the standard one and that big flathead screw is an eyesore... I chose the older "long" style and cut one out of 5-ply plastic. I was worried that a stock 335 PG wouldn't fit.

side.jpg

I thought you meant you were dating your Dot. I was gonna ask how it compares to regular dating.......:-s =P~/ I can think of a few positives like she prefers you playing her as often as you like but will not be jealous if you play another guitar......

Archived