Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone flying v in white

lucretia

Greetings everyone, i'm new here, i just won this beauty a few days ago,

http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=110228820572

yes, i am an old school thrash metal metalhead #-o

So, i'd like to know what's up with this one, i don't remember seeing one of those in regular production. From the SC I learned that is was made in '05 in the Samick factory. Well, if anyone has some information to share regarding qualitiy, rareness, etc. please feel free to post :)

Cheers everyone!

From the SC I learned that is was made in '05 in the Samick¨(Unsung' date=' Korea) factory.[/quote']

Uh... either Samick (Serial starts with 'S') or Unsung (Serial starts with 'U')... not both. In your case, the Serial starts with 'SI', which is Samick Indonesia.

I think those were a limited edition, possibly some kind of Musician's Friend exclusive but I'm not really sure. Nice looking axe though, based on the '67 V as opposed to the Korina models which follow the 1958 prototype (my personal preference).

Yeah, the GD sometimes gets confused and Epiphone keeps adding new plants...

The '67 V was featured in the 2003 and 2004 Epi catalogs then discontinued by the time the 2006 catalog came out, but they only showed a black one. I can't remember if they were also offered in white, but I'm beginning to think that was the case. They offered a half and half 'Schenker' V as one of the 2006 Guitars of the Month BTW.

OK, thanx a bunch,

if anyone has a v of some sort, feel free to show 'em off #-o)

and, stil collecting info 'bout the whitey

P.S. Vee in the catalog you linked me is not like mine, notice the difference at the neck/body joint, not as distinctive as in the korina model, yet not as narrow like the black one... and the control layout is different

lucretia, that certainly looks like a really nice guitar!!! Congratulations!!! MF did offer them in white for a while a few years back.They ran out so I had to settle for these.

Picture118.jpg

Here's my two Flying Vees. Along with some other friends.

Hmm, i think i've seen them black vees with strat-o-like knobs, don't think they were prototype.. Still a mistery 8-[

Dane, yeah, can't wait till it comes here next friday, i'm gonna stick a duncan distortion in the bridge mmm :D

and that's a sweet family you got there, me likes the gibby v, that black pickguard looks really cool on a white guitar.. might just do the same thing :)

keep 'em comin'

Archived