Gibson Brands Forums

I'm thinking of biting...

Prospero

... on this little hook:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1997-Epiphone-Sheraton-Vintage-Sunburst_W0QQitemZ170199739710QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Completely unnecessarily, I should add. It is the Sheraton finish I've fallen in love with, and which isn't made anymore. But I don't need it, probably can't afford it if I stopped to do the math, and the only reason I'm thinking about it is because of this infernal forum.

She sure is a pretty redhead though...

Well, if "need" were the only criteria, I (for one), and a lot of the rest of us, would have a lot fewer guitars! LOL

If it's calling to you, go for it! It seems to be in really nice condition. Keb Mo uses one just like it, now and then.

Just watched him, on a DVD with Bonnie Raitt, recently, using that Sheraton. Sounded great!

CB

The Epiphone web site shows a Sheraton with a Vintage Sunburst option' date=' what am I missing?

Beautiful guitar BTW.

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=8&CollectionID=1[/quote']

From what I've seen and others have told me on this forum, the VS finish changed from a reddish burst to the yellowish burst. I've been given the impression that Epiphone no longer produces new Sheratons with that reddish burst, only with the yellowish burst. While I don't mind that yellow Vintage Sunburst (see my LP avatar), I absolutely love the look of that reddish Vintage Sunburst with the gold trim on a Sheraton.

Yeah, that's an old Samick made Sheraton... I think they were the only ones that made Sheratons with that dark finish. Probably a very nice guitar, I've found the Samicks to be some of the best of the Korean Epis. Their Les Pauls were really good.

Nice!!! I want it too..lol..But I checked some of the Negative Responses on the seller...94 of them. It comes with a "soft" gig bag. When you do go for it though, you may want to inquire on their packaging for shipping policy and be certain to insure it appropriately. Yeah, I'm a bit "gun shy" when it comes to a beautiful instrument being shipped/handled by transport folks. Bad memories from damaged or lost goods going to out of state gigs.......J

Archived