Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone tony iommi sg

ken361

I've had one for a couple of years with no issues, was better after I got it proffesionally set up with fret dress etc.

Heaps of punch when playing overdriven/ distorted etc but fairly muddy when playing clean. Sometimes feel that it lacks a bit of sustain and does get frustrating with the head wanting to dive bomb all the time but re-adjust playing position to compensate and not too bad (I believe thi is common with SG's anyway).

Was gonna trade it for my LP Custom I just bought but decided to keep it.

If Heavy/Hard rock/rock is your thing then you will be happy the Iommi pups are great for that sound

Enjoy

I have had the left handed version for about 3 years now. It came almost ready to play out of the box. It needed a set up and I installed a new nut. It plays almost as good as my 1968 SG Standard. The pick ups have alot of bite to them. My problem is the Jeebus crosses only go to the 12th fret. The guitar is a nice heavy metal machine who`s price has increased tremendously over the years

I thought that they would sound heavier then most pickups, the output is the highest and it seems when I play clean I can hear the strings better but less bassy i guess. I will get to turn it up soon and see how they sound loud

Archived