Gibson Brands Forums

Gig Bag for Sheraton II

Posted this in the old forum but I see that is soon to not exist so...

The somewhat lengthy headstock of this guitar is plaguing me. I had a hardshell case that fits my DOT, I had assumed they could share one, but lo. I'm trying to find a gig bag that the oddly-shaped Sheraton will fit into for ease of transport around town but have not had much luck.

The only one available at my local Guitar Center (they would have to order it, of course) is this:

http://www.music123.com/Musicians-Gear-335-Style-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar-Bag-541323-i1321478.Music123

anyone have one of these, or something similar? Does it fit? I don't trust the guitar center guys anymore; one told me they definately had a bag that it would fit into, another to just carry a Sheraton around the store and "try out" different bags, and a third that only the epiphone-made hardshell case could fit that particular guitar. I'm a little worried that the third guy was right.

I know Epiphone makes a harshell that fits it specifically but I really don't want to increase the weight/decrease the mobility of my guitar if I can help it. I'm considering getting it only as a last resort...

No regrets though, I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

I know someone out there keeps this thing in a bag, help me out please, tell me which one you're using.

Love,

Jesse

I think something like this came up a few weeks ago, except the guy was looking for a hardshell case. I think it turned out that because of the size of the headstock the Epi hardshell case was the only one that would fit. I'm not saying that there isn't something out there, but my guess is no.

I have the Epi hardshell case and my Dot and Sheraton II are sharing it now, until I get another one. Although it is going to add some weight, I personally wouldn't want a bag for my Sherry.

You could always have GC order the bag and if it doesn't fit you aren't obligated to buy it.

I saw this post and I thought I might clear up some misconceptions. A Sheraton will fit into a Gibson case. I have owned two Sheratons and all I ever got for them was the Canadian made "335 Style" case. Since I own both a Sheraton and a 335 with a Gibson case I went up and tested.

The Sheraton fits into my Vintage Gibson case. Most people think that it is the headstock on the Sheraton is the culprit, but the body has slightly different dimensions. But in the Brown Gibson case with the pink interior the Sheri fits with a finger width between the headstock and the top of the case. The Gibson fits into the Sheraton case of course and the only diference is that the plush interior is crushed down in different area inside the case.

As far as a Gig bag. Maybe for a solid body with a straight angled headstock like a Strat but i wouldn't put my semi hollow body in something that can be crushed very easily. The cases are pretty standard issue and can be purchased for a little over 50 bucks. I would much rather see a 50 dollar case bashed up, rather than my Sheri.

Go to Sweetwater and buy the epi case for it. They will match prices' date='and will have it in stock. [/quote']

...and they have FREE shipping on everything, no matter how much. I ahve recently placed 2 orders with them, both for about 30 bucks, no shipping charge on either order. The new Epi cases are really nice, 5 latches and arched top for extra strength and support.

I understand the wisdom being offered, I have had guitar mishaps in the past (pre-straplocks). Maybe I'm underscoring the danger but this guitar isn't being tossed in a vehicle or stacked on anything, the gig bag is so that I can put it on my back to get where i need to go by foot and/or bus (mostly foot). I guess I'm thinking that even a more fragile guitar is safe when strapped to my body, I very rarely slam into things or fall down. Clearly a bag isn't much protection compared to a case, it's just that a suitcase handle and an extra 10 lbs isn't friendly to someone who has to walk up a big *** hill in every direction from home in order to get anywhere. I wouldn't be keeping it in a case/bag at home, that would be like locking a puppy in a closet "for its own good".

Then again, it seems kind of moot. If nobody here has experience with a bag that has the right dimensions then I'd be resigned to think an epi/335 case really might be the only thing this guitar will fit into. Looks like I'll be biting the bullet.

Thanks for the replies though, I can't possibly express how much I care for this hunk of wood.

If you really want a gig bag, Try the stuff that "Levy's" puts out. I have a levy gig bag here. I put my sherry in it and it fits perfectly. It was originally meant for my 12 string LP, which also has an elongated headstock. If I can find a modle/item number on it I will post it.

Archived