Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone please help me identify what i beleive is a mid 70's Epi?

Mike C

14dj148.jpg

2dsjw4h.jpg

16lmv4i.jpg

a165c4.jpg

osh6qv.jpg

Is this worth anything? It does say Made in Japan on the plate that connects the neck to the body and has the numbers 1012248. Sorry about the blurry picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike C

Thats been modded to have two Hums I think. Regardless they are USA made and Very Vintage.

Bone stock ones are fetching over $1500 in certain markets.

My bud was trying to sell his a few years back for $400.

I should have bought her.

Nice Guitar btw.

Edit: Thats the MIJ bolt neck version not the set neck USA. My Bad.

Still a cool guitar just not worth quite as much.

I like the neck work with the body look.

Cool regardless.

Yeah, it's an early to mid 70s Crestwood/Wilshire/Coronet style MIJ Epiphone. I do believe these were made by Matsumoku, model #s ET-275 (Sunburst) ET-276 (mahogany) ET-278 (Ebony) ET-290 (cherry sunburst with maple fretboard) ET-290N Natural Maple. I typically see them listed on the 'Bay in the $250 - $500 range, but I think $500 is way too high. I think most of them sell in the $250 - $325 range.

Thanks to all. The humbuckers came with the Guitar when i bought it and i beleive they are stock. My parents bought me this Guitar around 1975 from the parents of a teenage boy who drowned in a lake. I was about 15 years old when they bought it. I am now 46 and have been playing it ever since. I never truly found out any of the specifics of the guitar. I play it thru a peavy TKO-80 with a digitech rp6. It screams pretty good and it is the only Guitar i have owned and played. I play mostly classic rock. Zeppelin, floyd, clapton/cream, etc. In one of the pictures you can see a Jackson that was given to me but it doesn't work and when it did i did not like the sound at all. I have been looking to buy a new guitar for some time but Gibson Les Pauls are to expensive for me and I have been interested in another Epi but i can't decide which one is the one to get. Ayny more info would still be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

After reading the response about them being sold on e-bay i decide to check out e-bay and to my amazement there is a 70's cornet for sale and it turns out to be the exact guitar. Same color and everything. It's listed as a vintage 70's epiphone coronet. His starting bid is $500.00.

'Vintage 70s Coronet' is an oxymoron. The vintage ones were made in the fifties and sixties in Kalamazoo. The stuff made in the seventies is Japanese bolt-neck junk and definitely not worth $500.

V-type, for future reference, 'bolt-on' and 'made in USA' are pretty much mutually exclusive for these guitars.

'Vintage 70s Coronet' is an oxymoron. The vintage ones were made in the fifties and sixties in Kalamazoo. The stuff made in the seventies is Japanese bolt-neck junk and definitely not worth $500.

V-type' date=' for future reference, 'bolt-on' and 'made in USA' are pretty much mutually exclusive for these guitars.[/quote']

Gotcha.

I confused it with this.

30U-14507_front.jpg

Archived