Gibson Brands Forums

Pro or Amateur?

Ricochet

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTfDf4b5oE

8 year old semi-pro' date=' with 11 guitars! Have mercy...[/quote']

WOW....Gotta love it

I made my living for about 14 years, (all through the '70's) with guitar and vocals and then 3 years along with my "real" job.. Memories?; Great and not so good. Now I noodle everyday as an amateur. But I still like to recall and hear the war stories!.......J

I guess I'm a pro, though I don't feel like one. I teach music in a public elementary school and earn a fairly good living at it, and have some fun along the way. Before teaching I worked in several churches fulltime leading worship. So for the past 20 years I have been earning a living by playing and teaching, some years the income was better than others, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I play as an amatuer in the worship band at the church I now attend. I don't get paid for it, but I am having a ball doing it.

Amatuer to Semi-pro I guess.

In the 80's I was gigging all over Nashville almost every weekend.

Now I occasionally get paid to play but I play because I love to play not for the cash.

Like JCWillow I also play every week at my church and occasionally with friends from a local blues band.

And I have 2 boys one that plays drums and guitar and one that plays bass so we are always picking up a guitar at my house.

Archived