Gibson Brands Forums

My Next Epi Will Be A...

yosoybay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the Slash is really nice. I'd consider that too. But I already have an LP.

The Prophecy mentioned earlier is beautiful and also has EMG's - I actually like it better except that it only has two knobs in the picture (presumably one volume and one tone - despite stating in the specs that it has three knobs), which means that I couldn't do a lot of the Tom Morello effects that I like to do (requires two volumes).

You also can't scratch "ARM THE HOUSES" into it with a dull knife and look like a hick.

I think you mean "Arm the Homeless." While I certainly don't agree with his political opinions, I sure do love his riffs and effects.

BTW, nice guitar, Gary.

My next won't be an Epi...something along the lines of a Tele..I agree with Smoke, everyone need one.

I got my eye on a sleeper (not a Fender, but a Tele style Peavey) and seems everytime it gets within reach something happens GRRRRRRRR The neck is a 12" radius not 9 1/2" width at nut 1 5/8" cause I am a fat fingered old fart and need the extra room. :-

Capt

Regret you've missed earlier posts about this guitar (because everybody else is bored hearing about it).

2007 EE built G400 Special Edition - Music123/MF exclusive, I think. Due to M123 screwup, I bought it for $164.99, new.

Neck pickup - Vintage Vibe Guitars Charlie Christian style 6.9k ohms, Alnico II magnet, RWRP in a humbucker case. Tone is to die for. Compliments and matches bridge pickup extremely well but has more clarity and definition in both treble and midrange and also better bass. Well rounded, warm tone works jazz, rock and blues (it KILLS the blues!).

Bridge pickup - Guitar Fetish Mean 90 P-90 type, very versatile tone

And because you gave me a chance to show off, here's another picture!

Whitey002.jpg

l

... an archtop of some sort. I love the older Sheratons, with the reddish sunburst; and I also like the WildKat. Problem, though is I haven't found one with a neck I'm comfortable with right now, except for the '50's neck Gibson 339. It's $1799, though... but I guess that's actually not too bad for a Gibson ES. I'll be saving for awhile. If anyone from Epi is lurking, consider making one of those for us, will ya?

I want that hunneyburst Lester at my techie's shop...either that, or a '56 Goldtop, either that, or another Ashland 550, he's got one of those in cherry with them bangin' P90's like I had before, either that, or another Telecaster, or perhaps a nice big hollowbody, I dunno, I go to a shop anywhere, and I'm like a kid in a candy store. And last, but definately not least, if I had the coin anyway, would be an R9 in washed cherry, or a crimsonburst Classic, maybe a Fat Floyd Strat. I could go on for awhile here, but it's lookin' like that Ashland's in my near future, I dunno...

I am GASsing for an SG really bad right now. I would like to find an Elitist or A Gibby Junior.

I usta have an old Gibby which I foolishly traded ('69 special, 2 P90's headstock repair) and have always wanted another SG. My son has a Epi SG Special which I occasionally pick to get that SG feel.

And I would really like to find a nice 12 string electric.

I also would like to pick up a hollow body jazz box of some sort.

I got my eye on a couple of things in local pawn shops that might make nice projects.

Maybe when that check from uncle Sam comes I will contribute it to the local economy.

Archived