Gibson Brands Forums

My Next Epi Will Be A...

yosoybay

Well, the Sun is a star, so technically I guess you could call it Starburst...

My next Epi... well, they've got nothing I want right now. However I could have said the same thing last December but then the distributor got some of these in:

LPSP.jpg

...'bout the only thing that would get me GASing would be an Elitist Explorer... which is not going to happen, the Elitist as a line is a dead thing. Some kind of set-neck LP Doublecut, either in single or double P-90 configuration might also be a cause for walletary deflation. So basically we'll wait and see what Epi has in store for the future. There's that story about the reissue of the old Epi Wilshire/Coronet/Crestwood to come but between you and me that's going to be a huge flop; those guitars are fugly and only Epi phreaks will buy 'em.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookin' at copping either a Fender TC90 Thinline..

F026-2300-561-1.jpg

or a Joe Pass..

EpiEmperorIGP2299V3-1.jpg

It'll be awhile I 'gas' up enough to get anything else this year, as I went a 'lil haywire with the guitar buying in '07. But.. U know how that goes. All it takes is that one good deal u just can't pass up..

Unfortunately, Epiphone took the two models I was consdiering, out of the line - the Elitist SG and

the Vintage G400. For me, an SG has to have a bound neck, and all the current SG models are a little too stripped-down for my taste. Maybe a Prophecy, I;ll have to deliberate a little on that. I could do without the Bling.

I never actually said what my next Epi will be...

I'm intrigued by an SG Junior or SG Special (if there was a set neck version available), but I'm also looking at Dots...

But who knows, I may end up with an Explorer or Flying V if a deal presents itself.

I never actually said what my next Epi will be...

I'm intrigued by an SG Junior or SG Special (if there was a set neck version available)' date=' but I'm also looking at Dots...

But who knows, I may end up with an Explorer or Flying V if a deal presents itself.[/quote']

If a deal shows up on an Explorer, be sure to pick one up. They have the best consistency quality wise of any standard Epi model I've found.

And Gary (I think), The Explorer provided a little GAS relief, but Dot might cure me. For a while. Unless I can find a Blackheart locally. Or another good deal. ;)

Anybody got some tums?

I just bought a Strat' date=' and the next guitar (I've already decided... June 28) will be a Martin 000X1.

strats.jpg

(2000 Squier Strat on the left, 2007 Fender Deluxe Players Strat on the right)

mmmmm Martin!!! If all else fails they certainly smell the best! All kidding aside I love my Martins in all aspects!

000-28, d-35 and a Little martin

martin00028.jpg?t=1206415792

martin2.jpg?t=1206415818

martin4.jpg?t=1206415844

Picture095.jpg?t=1206415867

Picture097.jpg?t=1206415900

Acoustics.jpg?t=1206415969

I hope you get one Pohatu771, I think every guitar player deserves at least one Martin acoustic!

nice looking flat tops... but i have a hand built larrivee from north of the border thats shames most all martins and taylors so..its kinda hard for me to play them.. but i know a damn nice flattop when i see one or 5 or 7 lol how ever many you have lol

Ahhh! I was hoping for a nice "Martin vs. Larrivee" hijacking...

Sorry Gary, I can't help you there as I've never played a Larrivee! I am sure they are fantastic guitars! Mr. Memphs, are you trying to give me more GAS and pique my curiosity? Well it won't work I swear, no really aaaaghhhhhhhh

I have a Larrivee J-05 that I bought new in 1997 that is a very nice guitar. I don't think they make that model anymore, though. It is a jumbo size and has a great bottom end. Very nice guitar. I went in that day to buy a Martin D28 and got hooked on this one (and spent a good bit less money that day - figure that).

judybat

im not sure when mine was built.. but is a all Sitka Spruce... with brizilan rose wood back and sides and neck with an ebony fret bord ( i think ) no fret markers it has a florentino cut away ( the sharp one ) it was made Victoria Diversion shop in Vancouver, BC, Canada http://www.larrivee.com/3_products/products_models.html

edit: after talking to my dad its a C-09 with houndroun maghony with black walnut back and sides rosewood neck and fret bored i was sooo off.. it was made in 96 ill get a pic of it soon oh btw it has maple binding

Archived