Gibson Brands Forums

Hi guys, check two more off of the list!! :)

Svet

Well I've been battling GAS attacks for awhile now with a PRS and a 59 reissue gloss top and I lost this week. I picked up a Gibson 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss top in the Faded Tobacco Finish and a Paul Reed smith Custom 10 top 22 in the Mateo Blue. Man I am in heaven and my wallets in the gutter! :) Looks as though an L5 is next :-k

Well maybe next year lol. See pics below....

59lp1.jpg?t=1205949079

r9top.jpg?t=1205949100

prs1.jpg?t=1205949119

prstop.jpg?t=1205949136

r9lpandprs.jpg?t=1205949155

r9prsback.jpg?t=1205949183

[/img]

I am SO jealous Svet. That LP is stunning.

P.S. hate to be a grammar nazi but it's "off the list". Everybody insists on saying "off of" so it's a hard habit to break. The only thing worse is when people turn "could have" to "could've" and then say "could of". End of lesson.:-k

Hi guys thanks for the compliments! I've noted my mistake and apologize to you Spud. I went with the FT finish on the LP because of my Cherry Elitist LP. I really dislike the VOS finishes too.

Svet

Dang Svet!!!!

Every time I think Ive got the gas beat!!!!!!!Along comes Svet with more EYE Candy that I'll never be able to buy

Congratulations really freakin' sweet!!!!!!

Oh and Spud, I could of sworn that I could've swore....I learned to read and write reading. But now its mostly from memory, I think as long as we can get the ideas across that's what counts. Crap now I'll be all paranoid that I've made some silly Grammar thingie error...but I'll probably forget about it.

but I've been practicing....

my ' s cause I know how that gets on people's nerves.

I didn't have the best teachers,but I bet I've read 2-3000 novels,of course not all of those writers got it right either.

The language is a growing changing thing, I'll try to keep up as best as I can. If I want grammar lessons I know where to look.I've learned a bunch from you and Uncle Al already,and I thank you for that.

Sorry to ramble on. I know you're just trying to help.

I want to try a Corvette... but if it's like the Duo Jet I played over the weekend, I'll pass.

I was very disappointed... I had a dream where I played a Country Gentleman and absolutely loved it... I expected the Duo Jet to feel just like my dream.

But I do have my new Strat to keep my occupied for a while... until June or so when I buy the Martin 000 I almost bought.

Well I've been battling GAS attacks for awhile now with a PRS and a 59 reissue gloss top and I lost this week. I picked up a Gibson 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss top in the Faded Tobacco Finish and a Paul Reed smith Custom 10 top 22 in the Mateo Blue. Man I am in heaven and my wallets in the gutter

NICE Les Paul!!!

" Wallet in the Toilet" ??? Yep' date=' sounds like our world..he he he Temporary GAS relief...

Congrats![/color']

You DAWG! You just had to go and up and GAS pains around here din't ya? I'll just have to console myself. M123 finally dropped price on this to $484 and I couldn't think up any better excuse than I'm broke' date=' so...

[img']http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/garyelcrrt/mine2/Gretsch.jpg[/img]

Should arrive just before, or just after, the weekend.

Nice Gary... I saw the goldtop version @ Sam Ash today... I've been gassing for the Epi '56 goldtop and almost picked up the Gretsch... Let us know how it plays... I have a couple of hollow body electromatics and i hardly ever play 'em...

Jay

Hobbiepatrol wrote:

"Wow, a real live Gibson Custom. I honestly think I'd be too nervous to play it. I might just look at it from time to time, and breathe in that lovely nitro. I think the PRS looks better from the back"

Hi HobbiePatrol, I believe all guitars should be played and are not meant for ornamental decorations! I will be playing her as often as possible along with all of my other guitars. The Nitro does smell nice though no way near as sweet as my Martins. ;)

Matiac wrote: "Hey Svet, the PRS is ok I guess, but that Lester is THE BOMB!!!! Sweet score, looks great! Play that damn thing, that's what it's for!!!"

Hi G&F/Matiac thank you for the compliments and I fully intend on playing both guitars as much as I can! I really am going to have to set up a schedule for my collection and I already have started documenting the dates that I inspected and changed strings along with what brand/gauge. lol

Biff wrote: "Nice, Svet!!! Congrats!"

Thank you Biff! Sell the car sell the car! She can walk!! :)

TulsaSlim wrote: "You lucky dog!"

Thank you Tulsaslim and I agree with you 100%! I am very fortunate to be able to afford these guitars and although my life is not free of hardships I have been very lucky too. Life's pendulum I suppose.

WeeLaddie wrote: "I thought you were buying a house Svet????"

Hi WeeLaddie, how goes Poughkeepsie? Thank God for our Alto Music’s here huh? So much less expensive than the MF's and Sam Ash's! I am still in the market for a house but I am trying to have my cake and eat it too! I want to have all my toy's , cough, cough, needs covered before I have a "boss" to answer too. LOL Can it be done??

LPplayer wrote: "Holy Crap those are beautiful guitars"

Thank you kindly and I feel blessed.

Daneman wrote: "Dang Svet!!!!

Every time I think Ive got the gas beat!!!!!!!Along comes Svet with more EYE Candy that I'll never be able to buy Congratulations really freakin' sweet!!!!!"......

"Oh,and Svet you can send me both those guitars LOL Dang SWEET !!!!!!!!!"

Hi Daneman, thank you for the compliments and I know how you feel about the gas! If it wasn't for this place I would probably have 1/4 of my collection(if that) and be a whole lot richer! Never say never my friend as you never know what lies ahead.

GWS/Garyelcrrt wrote: "You DAWG! You just had to go and up and GAS pains around here din't ya? I'll just have to console myself. M123 finally dropped price on this to $484 and I couldn't think up any better excuse than I'm broke, so..."

Hi Gary how have you been? I've not seen you around as much as of late and I hope things are well. They have a 1997 L5 in on consignment that was marked on hold due to an EBay auction. Last I checked there had not been any activity in the bidding war. I was tempted to pull her down and strum a bit but I resisted as my hunt was down another trail. Sigh, perhaps on some other rainy day. LOL This place just reeks of GAS and if I am not getting it from someone else I am feeding the monster to others! I am sorry guys, please forgive me, it's a disease! Good luck with your new darling and you know the rules! Pictures are mandatory!

JCwillow777 wrote: "Congrats Svet and Gary. I'll just have to drool. I have to agree, I like the back of the PRS better than the front, very nice! "

Thank you JC and I just love both guitars to pieces and the PRS is just fantastic. I guess there aren't too many fans of PRS around here but I just love all guitars! I hate the old this is better than that stuff! Arguments on subjective issues are the biggest waste of time and boring at best.

Pohatu771 wrote: "But I do have my new Strat to keep my occupied for a while... until June or so when I buy the Martin 000 I almost bought"

Enjoy the Strat and my 000-28 is one of the best smelling guitars I ever smelt!. :)

JLLongBeach wrote: "NICE Les Paul!!!

" Wallet in the Toilet" ??? Yep, sounds like our world..he he he Temporary GAS relief...

Congrats!"

Thank you JL and I really hope this one subdues the GAS for at least a year! Argh, the collection is getting large and I don't know how to distribute my love!

Thank you everyone and I'll be sure to post more detailed pictures when time allots!

Svet

I

P.S. hate to be a grammar nazi but it's "off the list". Everybody insists on saying "off of" so it's a hard habit to break. The only thing worse is when people turn "could have" to "could've" and then say "could of". End of lesson.;)

Svet, sorry to hear about the wallet, but the guitars look great. Guess youi'll be eating beans for a while now...

RotcanX: Next time I'm out of picks, I'll be sure to say "I'm out picks" instead of out of... Nah, I'm too set in my ways. I'm out of picks.

Lutheran1971 wrote: "Hey Svet congrats on the new additions...very nice indeed! "

Thank you Lutheran1971 I am enjoying them immensely. That PRS has such a fast neck and is so light! The 59 is pretty good too :)

Dave Wrote: "Svet, sorry to hear about the wallet, but the guitars look great. Guess youi'll be eating beans for a while now..." Lol thanks Dave though I'm not quite at the point where I have to eat beans just yet; after all the bill has yet to arrive!! ;)

Spuds wrote:"Now I have to get back to my letter to Mick Jagger regarding the error in his song 'Get Off Of My Cloud'"

Well there you have it, I learned to speak English through listening to Stones albums!

Matiac wrote:"Hey Svet, the first picture in your starter is now my wallpaper on my desktop, just so youz know."

Er um just keep it clean huh ;) I'll have to get you a higher resolution image!

Svet

That's great looking R59. Congrats. Beautiful top and finish on the PRS, too. I have been on the Guitar of the Month plan for a few years now, and have sworn to take it easy in '08. You're not helping.

How do the PRS and R59 compare in tone and playablity, now that you've had some time with each?

Red 333

Archived