Gibson Brands Forums

New nut for LP standard

james_edward

Hello, I’m new to the forum but I have been reading it for a while, I’d like to ask if anyone has an opinion on which nut is best for the Les Paul, I still have the stock plastic model. I’m wondering if anyone knows if there is one that’s made to fit and more or less ready to go. I was looking at several different roller nuts like the Wilkinson but they all look like they would need to be shimmed up and they would also be in the way of the truss rod cover. Thanks in advance.

Hello' date=' I’m new to the forum but I have been reading it for a while, I’d like to ask if anyone has an opinion on which nut is best for the Les Paul, I still have the stock plastic model. I’m wondering if anyone knows if there is one that’s made to fit and more or less ready to go. I was looking at several different roller nuts like the Wilkinson but they all look like they would need to be shimmed up and they would also be in the way of the truss rod cover. Thanks in advance.[/quote']

I just put a GraphTech Trem-nut on my Epi, sounds clearer & brighter. I like it...

I just replaced the plastic nut on my Dot with one from Graph Tech. No modifications necessary. Just prise off the old one and glue on the new one.

They have them sized and pre-slotted for all sorts of guitars, including LPs.

PS - I also fitted Graph Tech saddles. It's an easy upgrade, sounds great, and judging by the Graph Tech nut & saddles that's been on my Strat for 3 years now, it'll be a while 'til I break a string.

Archived