Gibson Brands Forums

Check out Clearance "Blem" area @ MF... it's out of whack...

JayGLongBeach

Yesterday, I called Music 123 to check an order because I didn't get their confirming email. Seems my email address "disappeared" from the database. Funniest thing, though -- when I said "Goodbye, and thanks for the help", the rep said "Thanks for calling Musician's Friend, er, um, ah, sorry about that." If they share warehouse space, and staff, are they really too separate companies? Isn't there still a thing about monopolies?

Yeah, I know. There are other online sellers, but, when the 3 biggest (MF, M123, and GC) are owned by the same company, the rest taken together aren't as big. And that means there really isn't any competition in that market.

I got this email from GC.. says we'll give you five bucks coupon to fill out this questionaire.

but the questionaire didn't work.

refused my answers.

I tried everything I could. but it just kept saying you must use increments of 50.. I put all 0, I put all 50, I put only GC at 50

but it wouldn't change the message.

Finally I just gave up. fifteen minutes doing this and no coupon.

no reply when I complained, either.

It's no surprise mf and gc and 123 have identical pricing and the lowest usually.. and the most blems returns, etc.

I thought someone said gc was sold. but, it doesn't appear so.

TWANG

Yeah, and E.M. Shorts (ask for Drew McClellan or Jon Ray), in Wichita, Kansas...sells for the same amount, or even less,

for "non-blem," non-"second" guitars. Only down side, to them, is "in-stock" availability, but the are really good,

about getting it, in a timely manner, if they don't have it, in stock!

Might try them, now and then, if you get frustrated with the "Big Guys?!"

No, I don't work for them...LOL! But, I am a long time, and very satisfied customer!

Yeah' date=' and E.M. Shorts (ask for Drew McClellan or Jon Ray), in Wichita, Kansas...sells for the same amount, or even less,

for "non-blem," non-"second" guitars. Only down side, to them, is "in-stock" availability, but the are really good,

about getting it, in a timely manner, if they don't have it, in stock!

Might try them, now and then, if you get frustrated with the "Big Guys?!"

No, I don't work for them...LOL! But, I am a long time, and very satisfied customer![/quote']

I lived in Wichita up til about 1991. I used to go to E.M. Shorts all the time, great store.

tung

Archived