Gibson Brands Forums

Spring Break

13yguitarman

No school i get to goto jams and stay there late.

I play lead and rhythm guitar/vocals

So far i've gone to slammers in oakley. I did bad to the bone, red house, and all along the watchtower

Tomorrow im going to Pegs Pub and going to jam with Them Bonez band and my own band G-Minor. not sure what songs im gonna play

Thursday day is burbanks where the real song killers ( horrible musicians ) play at. I just go there to see if there are any musicians my age. And show up some of the real cocky guys

And on the weekend im going to a guitar show

No school for me either. After college I had to get a job. Now I work for my money and then go home and figure out which ones of my 20 guitars gets played tonite. Makes the days go better.

Spring Break. I wish. Enjoy it while ya got it guy!!

This was still transportation for my last spring break - 1985 Daytona Beach. Though this picture was from 1981 just outside South Ruislip' date=' England.

[img']http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/garyelcrrt/Picture063.jpg[/img]

Hey Gary guess what, I was 9 at the time of your spring break and 6 when the picture was taken! ER um, I still think you're cool, you know for an old guy ](*,)

Well' date=' at those ages, you are pretty well assured that none of your female ancestors were, um, Riding with the King, shall we say?

[/quote']

Errrmmmm... I don't know if I'd exclude anything or be assured of any such presumptions with this bunch =P~ lol

I can't say for Ohio but in Michigan someone under eighteen cannot even be in a restaurant where alcohol is served after 9:00 PM and they have to be at least eighteen to work after 9:00 PM even as a bus person where alcohol is served which is why a lot of dining areas are closed after nine. Back in the 80's we knew an extraordinary seventeen year old guitar player but he couldn't play with us because no one was willing to risk their liquor licenses having him in the bar after curfew. Thirteen and playing in the bars? Sound like a Ralph Macchio fantasy to me.

...and Al's your uncle

No school i get to goto jams and stay there late.

I play lead and rhythm guitar/vocals

Man I envy you. I want to do vocals, I'm using the guitar to do some vocal work (vocal leading exercises to work on ear training for intervals). I think when I get good on guitar and stabilize my voice I'll take a class in school on singing (useless for my degree), and totally ignore the assignments. This will give me some training for techniques like vibrato or specific voice control methods.

Who knows, maybe I'll haul my guitar and amp in there when I'm supposed to sing Stradovaski or something for a grade and just incorporate the techniques into singing some Alice Cooper songs. I got you under my wheels babe. (What would YOU do with a totally useless self-enrichment class?)

Man I envy you. I want to do vocals' date=' I'm using the guitar to do some vocal work (vocal leading exercises to work on ear training for intervals). I think when I get good on guitar and stabilize my voice I'll take a class in school on singing (useless for my degree), and totally ignore the assignments. This will give me some training for techniques like vibrato or specific voice control methods.

Who knows, maybe I'll haul my guitar and amp in there when I'm supposed to sing Stradovaski or something for a grade and just incorporate the techniques into singing some Alice Cooper songs. I got you under my wheels babe. (What would YOU do with a totally useless self-enrichment class?)[/quote']

Worked for Henry Butler -- Julliard education in classic piano and voice. Now he sings and plays the blues. (Truly, he'd be better if he hired a singer because the rounded, room-filling projection of classic voice just doesn't fit the highly personal, FOCUSED emotion of the blues -- but, man, can that cat play! May have the finest left hand on a piano today!)

After school, I joined a rock-and-roll road band. We started out playing bars, two weeks with options, mostly stayed a month in each, eventually got to the point where we were warming up concerts for the headliners of the day.

We traveled all over the country, we were good buddies (although we occasionally fought like brothers), we played the music that we loved, we had the opportunity to meet many fine women (they would call me a "womanizer" today but I do hope they got as much pleasure out of it as I did), and they PAID ME MONEY for all that!!!!

It was a very good time in my life.

Life is short. Have as much fun as you can as long as the fun is (1) safe for you (2) not endangering the rights of others.

And don't believe anyone who tells you anything different.

Archived