Gibson Brands Forums

Why do people do it

13yguitarman

I get attention at home and im not lying so why dont you talk about what you know. trying to call someone a charleton. All of ten posts and your calling me a liar. I got pictures of me and people jammin together ive got pictures of my band performin so why dont you step off your little high horse of phyiciatric theory and go beat your meat.

dude... sinner was defending you. Thats cool that your out there making a name and maybe we're all wrong but when you in middle and high school a lot of people don't understand rent and other bills and they call themselves professional. I myself thought I was a professional fishing guide. Truth is when I was that young I didn't know my *** from a hole in the ground and it wasn't til I left school and started working that I began to understand all those other things. But seriously, why do you care what the guy does with his guitars? They are his guitars and it is his money. if your that good then you shouldn't worry about it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude... sinner was defending you. Thats cool that your out there making a name and maybe we're all wrong but when you in middle and high school a lot of people don't understand rent and other bills and they call themselves professional. I myself thought I was a professional fishing guide. Truth is when I was that young I didn't know my *** from a hole in the ground and it wasn't til I left school and started working that I began to understand all those other things. But seriously' date=' why do you care what the guy does with his guitars? They are his guitars and it is his money. if your that good then you shouldn't worry about it.[/quote']

In a back handed sort of way.

but just goes to show how effective the dumbing down of American youth is today.

I, like most of us on here started on an old sears.

when I borrowed 50 bucks from my mom and bought a Hondo, I was stoked.

That following summer I put a Kramer stryker on layaway.

and when it was finally paid off, I felt as though I had the greatest guitar in the world.

What ever happened to cool $150 guitars?

I think you'll find if you check the liquor licence laws for his state, the city bylaws and insurance riders for said claimed clubs each and everyone one will state said clubs cannot employ, hire anyone including performers under legal drinking age. The only way a bunch of 13yr olds could play a club is an "all ages event which serves no alcohol" and a club wouldn't hire anyone for those unless they think they can make up the loss of alcohol sales in ticket sales.

• 2 weeks later...
I get attention at home and im not lying so why dont you talk about what you know. trying to call someone a charleton. All of ten posts and your calling me a liar. I got pictures of me and people jammin together ive got pictures of my band performin so why dont you step off your little high horse of phyiciatric theory and go beat your meat.

I haven't really been reading all the posts in this,

but that one really cracked me up.

Thanks gtrman. *L*

TWANG

I think you'll find if you check the liquor licence laws for his state' date=' the city bylaws and insurance riders for said claimed clubs each and everyone one will state said clubs cannot employ, hire anyone including performers under legal drinking age. The only way a bunch of 13yr olds could play a club is an "all ages event which serves no alcohol" and a club wouldn't hire anyone for those unless they think they can make up the loss of alcohol sales in ticket sales. [/quote']

My first gig was in a bar.

None of the five of us was old enough to drink.

We played there a lot.

We had two acts. one for the bar and one for teen dances.

We used to sip some beer in the back, too.

But not much, because everyone looks out for kids.. even in bars!

Unless you're just playing some horrible hell hole... and I doubt he is.

Lots of places have law enforcement which will look the other way if they consider the folks running the place and the kids to be responsible.

It's not always aboout being all john wayne and stuff. *G*

TWANG

Lots of places have law enforcement which will look the other way if they consider the folks running the place and the kids to be responsible.

It's not always aboout being all john wayne and stuff. *G*

TWANG

Uh.... He's 13' date=' Twang... Anyone who lets a 13 year old [i']set foot[/i] in a bar, let alone WORK in one, might as well tear up their liquor license and set flame to the pieces... Maybe that wasn't true in the old west, (to allude to your John Wayne reference) but nowadays, nobody's looking the other way.. When I was 21 (18 years ago), I had a friend who was 2 weeks shy of his 21st birthday.. He came to video tape my band at a club gig.. When the manager found out he was underage (yes, by 2 weeks, even) he was told to pack up his gear and LEAVE... Certainly No one is going to risk their business and livelihood to let children work in a bar.

My son is 13 and as a parent, there's NO WAY IN HELL I'd ALLOW him to play in a bar. I'm not afraid of him drinking...I'm sure if he wanted it, he'd find a way to get it anyway.

Maybe I'm a stick in the mud, but I don't think that's an appropriate environment to expose a 13 year old to.

I started playing in bars when I was 16. As I remember, you had to have some sort of 'permission slip' from the union and you weren't allowed to leave the stage unless you were going to the bathroom. (Of course, that just meant the other guys in the band brought my beers up to me).

Archived