Gibson Brands Forums

'56 Ebony LP at MF for $299

tulsaslim

You guys that have bought stuff from MF know about the little 'flyers' they put in with your order, right? Well, I got one the other day (source code 803T, I believe) that had the '56 LP with P-90s in Black for $299. Not a 'blem' or 'B stock'. I actually scanned the picture of it at work (for my brother) but I'm at home now so I can't attach it. It's on my work computer.

When I get to work tomorrow morning I'll put up the picture, just in case any of you guys are interested.

I think it's a helluva deal. If I didn't already have an LP with P-90's I'd jump all over it. Another one of my brothers has the goldtop version & I think it's great (and he paid considerably more than $299 for his).

As I said, I'll put up the scan tomorrow morning when I get to work.[/img]

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f211/old_dude/mfflyer2.jpg

It might be 801T. As I said, I'll post it right after 7am cdt tomorrow.

You can't get any of those 'flyer' items unless you order by phone. They do not show up on the website.

Actually, I got two flyers & one (not the right one) was in my car. It was source code 802T so the 'right' one is either 801T or 803T. If you call them they will know what you're talking about.

On the same page, right next to the '56, they have a Gibson LP Standard for $1799 (another good deal).

The 'source code' they're talking about is the flyer itself. They post the code on the first & last pages & make you refer to it when you call them.

I'm starting to hate this forum....

you make my GAS worse and worse..

that's a really good deal.

beats my studio with inlays binding..comes with p90s which I installed in mine..

oh man.. I can feel the credit card coming out already.

I'm starting to hate this forum....

you make my GAS worse and worse..

that's a really good deal.

beats my studio with inlays binding..comes with p90s which I installed in mine..

oh man.. I can feel the credit card coming out already.

DO IT! DO IT dont be skeerd lol

Thank goodness that's a phone only code. If that was good on the web site, I'd be checking out right now.

This is my #1 gas item, dang it! Well, the gold top, but for that price I wouldn't blink at the ebony.

Thank goodness that's a phone only code. If that was good on the web site' date=' I'd be checking out right now.

This is my #1 gas item, dang it! Well, the gold top, but for that price I wouldn't blink at the ebony.[/quote']

I couldn't agree more eric....I would have one on the way if it just involved a few mouse clicks.....and I alredy have the p-90 thing covered in spades!

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered one as well. I need another guitar right now like a hound dog needs two tails. Geez I need to stay away from you guys.........

Gonna sell my Peavey Wolfgang Standard.........

Dan

Epi Eric-

Heck, you're in Kansas City. You can just drive over to the MF warehouse & pick one up!

Go Royals.

I'm with you guys. I've got 35 electric guitars. I keep telling myself that every half-hour or so to keep from picking up that phone.

Thanks for the kind words on my work guys.

I would love to do some epi stuff but of course legally I cannot. And Cafepress, who produces the merchandise I sell, is extremely strict about copyright infringement. I do have the one Caveman surf guitarist with the jazzmaster-ish guitar. I plan on doing many more guitar related illustrations like that one soon. Oh and I will post pics of the Ebony '56 when I get it!

Robert

I hate you guys.

Since I already have an Ebony LP (Standard), but nothing with P90's in it, that still looks tempting.

Although my next guitar I plan to be a G400, that one is making me want the 56 goldtop more and more.

My credit with MF is pretty close to maxed out right now though =P~

Dang, they throw away those LPs for free over there is the US... and with P90s!!

With the current USD rate the word starting with an F (and ending with an exclamation mark) comes to mind.

Congrats to all of you who got one. I know I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

You guys that have bought stuff from MF know about the little 'flyers' they put in with your order' date=' right? Well, I got one the other day (source code 803T, I believe) that had the '56 LP with P-90s in Black for $299. Not a 'blem' or 'B stock'. I actually scanned the picture of it at work (for my brother) but I'm at home now so I can't attach it. It's on my work computer.

When I get to work tomorrow morning I'll put up the picture, just in case any of you guys are interested.

I think it's a helluva deal. If I didn't already have an LP with P-90's I'd jump all over it. Another one of my brothers has the goldtop version & I think it's great (and he paid considerably more than $299 for his).

As I said, I'll put up the scan tomorrow morning when I get to work.[img'][/img]

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f211/old_dude/mfflyer2.jpg

Thanks, Slim- I'm suppose to be receiving an LP Junior Thursday- and after that it's suppose to be it for a long while...

thanks for the extra GAS... this LP with P90's is a frickin' amazing deal...

BEWARE! I bought a 56 LPGT from MF about a year ago and ended up shipping 3 back before I got one that was "right" Their QC of alleged first quality stock is awful. It took 3 months to get the purchase completed to satisfaction, and a lot of that was delay due to screw-ups by MF "Customer Service" people. I am thrilled with the final result, however. For the money it is an extraordinary guitar with tonal range up the wazoo. (that's technical talk for loads of fun)

This is 649.00 now. It used to be 400.00' date=' or was it 500.00?

[img']http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/6/0/6/436606.jpg[/img]

Heh ... yeah, it used to be $499.00 .... that's how I got my honeyburst +top......they wanted $549.00 for just the guitar, (and still do, I believe), but only charged $499 for the guitar and lil amp and assorted crap. It sounded good at the time - was an even better deal, seeings as how much they bumped the price (somebody obviously mispriced the "value pack" originally, and it was sold that way for about 3 months...LOL) I actually was expecting a plaintop at the $499 deal, but it turned out twas the +top :-

CIMG1255-1-2.jpg

Archived