Gibson Brands Forums

My Re-worked Sheraton II

Cassady

Here is a picture of my Epiphone Sheraton II that I finally got done modifying. The changes are as follows: High Order PAF wind pickups, bone nut, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and switch, all gold hardware replaced with chrome, pickup rings, switch tip and knobs replaced with cream colored parts and, finally, I removed the pick guard. I'd be interested in hearing what people think of my mods.

By the way, it's a 1999 model made by Samick.

2008_0321Sheraton20003-1.jpg

TIA

Cassady

Edited to fix a typo and I forgot about the bone nut...

I always prefer chrome to gold on natural guitars even more so. I think when you have a white binding with black accents ..black pickup rings and knobs look much better than creme......not big on the strat knobs to be totally honest with you....but a big thumbs up on the chrome.

I bet it sounds and plays fantastic.

I don't know about the cream pickup rings and knobs though. I'll have to look at it a few more times. I would probably have gone with black pickup rings and gold knobs.

What I really like with that guitar though has nothing to do with your mods. That wood grain POPS.

Enjoy.

and' date=' finally, I removed the pickup.[/quote']

Pickguard? I was starting to expect some kind of Tom DeLonge look... =P~

Hmmm... very nice, looks more like a Dot now. I think I would have stuck with the black rings and gone with black knobs to match... the cream stuff kind of clashes IMO:

sheraton.jpg

I've got mine in cream with guard.. and left it gold.. gold knobs gold switch tip.

I like this chrome, too.. looks really sweet, to me.

For me the cream works well with all that binding.

moreso in person.

nice!

Hmmm... I see what you're getting at, but:

(1) all the creme parts on that one match; the binding, rings, knobs and switch are all the same very light shade of creme.

(2) your Sheraton's binding appears black from a distance, and I think that's the colour you want to be matching.

...just my 2¢.

Pickguard? I was starting to expect some kind of Tom DeLonge look... =P~

Hmmm... very nice' date=' looks more like a Dot now. I think I would have stuck with the black rings and gone with black knobs to match... the cream stuff kind of clashes IMO:

[center']sheraton.jpg[/center]

Gee, did you do that with a photo editor or did you find one of my "before" pictures?

2008_0223Guitars0007.jpg

I also understand about matching the binding, but from the side, it's cream colored O:)

Thanks for all of the input...

Cassady

The reason for the cream colored stuff was that I saw this:

I35D4_body-front.jpg

and REALLY liked it. it's just a bit out of my price range though...

Cassady' date=' not wanting to conceal his inspiration...

[/quote']

But putting white pickup bezels and Strat knobs on an Epiphone Sheraton really isn't going to make it look more like a Collings...it just ends up looking like a Sheraton with white bezels and goofy looking knobs...

...and Al's your uncle.

Hey there- new to the forum....and I must say that the natural finish and chrome hardware is SWEET. =D>

I am needing some direction on where to get some replacement parts myself for my Epi Sheraton...where did you purchase your parts? Any direction would be helpful.

Thanks!

Archived