Gibson Brands Forums

Saw the slash paul

13yguitarman

The only thing I didn't like about it was my mom will be PISSED when I buy it with my own hard earned money.

my friend.. its made to be spend.... im not too big on the color of it.. so that will prolly be the deal killer for me.. other then that im a HUGE G-n-R fan and a huge slash fan too.. so.. idk im kinda torn..

my friend.. its made to be spend.... im not too big on the color of it.. so that will prolly be the deal killer for me.. other then that im a HUGE G-n-R fan and a huge slash fan too.. so.. idk im kinda torn..

Yeah... I'm a huge Slash fan also so it was quite a dilema for for me. My review of the guitar was about forty minutes long. I ran it on everything effect I could think of and it sounded great. Clean, distorted, with a wah, whatever. It sounded awesome but like you I didn't like the color. If it had been a cherry sunburst or something like that then that would be something else. I probably would have just went ahead and said oh hell yes. The other thing was the neck. It was just too small for my liking. I noticed a huge difference between that neck design and the "50s style" neck that is common today on pauls. It just felt small. One more small critique, I thought the tuner heads were ugly. I guess its kinda weird, Slash is by far my favorite guitarist but I didn't really like his sig guitar or pedal.

So overall, it sounded awesome but the look and feel were just not there. There are my 2 cents for ya, now ya just gotta raise 699.97 and you'll have your Slash LP. On a side note, I heard that they have a extended warranty form that if you mail in they'll send you a top hat and sun glasses.

Oh, and Bluefox, don't worry about your mom kid. Just don't tell her. Its like the Fonz said in the waterboy, "What mama don't know won't hurt her"

Archived