Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson truss rod cover

Belzeebub

I am the owner of a 1995 Epiphone Les Paul standard which I picked up used. I noticed that it's truss rod cover has 3 screws but has the word "GIBSON" on it. I dont have any info on my guitar's past, so i wouldnt know if the previous owner swapped it out or something. Is there anyone here who knows about epi LPs having "GIBSON" truss rod covers? I know the newer ones dont have "GIBSON" on it. Here's a pic of it...sorry for the bad pic, i dont have any other at the moment...

Picture1559.jpg

It's pretty common for Epiphones to have Gibson on the TRC. Depends on the factory' date=' from what I've seen.[/quote']

Ok, that puts to rest some doubt in my mind about the previous owner swapping out the epiphone TRC for one that's marked Gibson. BTW, this guitar was made in the Unsung, South Korea plant.

Guy came up on stage a while back and was talking about how great my '05 Epi LP sounded. Then he looked at the headstock and said "Epiphone! I thought it was a real Les Paul!". I pointed at the TRC and said, "It is. Says right here. Les Paul Custom". He was really confused then. Fooled him completely. He had no idea that a non-Gibson could sound so good. He's now a believer.

"The Vertical Gibson TRC"

ELDT-CH_headstock-front.jpg

"The Vertical Elitist TRC"

P1010010-1.jpg

I myself am trying to "locate" one that says GIBSON vertically. Not available anywhere!!! So i'm having this guy quote me on one custom made. .....IDEAS?=P~

http://www.bstock-guitars.com/Guitar-Truss-Rod-Covers-s/72.htm

I need one for the Elitist 63 ES-335/NA i just got. Mine says ELITIST vertically. Same size as the Gibsons 2-screw TRC.

Wonder if someone can do this engraving on plastic for bu$$ne$$

Key question is' date=' his has 3 screws not the standard 2 screw TRC. can you post more pic's of the body?[/quote']

That's because those are Elitists. They are closer to the Gibson in this and other respects. Which means you can substitute Gibson parts, including the VOS TRC:

VOSTRC2.jpg

...basically I replaced the 'Elitist' TRCs on my three guitars with blank Gibson ones... heck, I already know it's an Elitist from the logo on the back of the headstock...

"The Vertical Gibson TRC"

[i myself am trying to "locate" one that says GIBSON vertically. Not available anywhere!!! So i'm having this guy quote me on one custom made. .....IDEAS?=P~

I need one for the Elitist 63 ES-335/NA i just got. Mine says ELITIST vertically.

Wonder if someone can do this engraving on plastic for bu$$ne$$

I guess as long as it's going on an Epiphone that was manufactured by Gibson, they are not going to go after you. :-)

I have a Broadway Elitist that came to me with a blank 3 screw trc. I just went to my local plastics engraver with it

and had them engrave a vertical "Elitist" on the cover. They mentioned that it was 10 pt GOTHIC lettering.

Might cost you about $15, but if you have to have one....

=P~

I guess as long as it's going on an Epiphone that was manufactured by Gibson' date=' they are not going to go after you. :-)

I have a Broadway Elitist that came to me with a blank 3 screw trc. I just went to my local plastics engraver with it

and had them engrave a vertical "Elitist" on the cover. They mentioned that it was 10 pt GOTHIC lettering.

Might cost you about $15, but if you have to have one....

[/quote']Thanks for the info Carverman. But it's kind of hard to find somebody that has the equipment to do this kind of work. $15-20 plus the blank, is very reasonable. Would you please post some contact info for/about this engraver that you used? I also need one for the ES-339 horizontally. I know other guys that need them, too!

And yes, i dind't notice the 3 screws. The Les Paul looks great with the Historic TRC.

I like this one:

hs.jpg

I don't know...my 1996 G-1275 has the vertical Gibson TRC (plural!), and I feel kind of strange about it. I know it's 'Epiphone by Gibson', but it still seems like a little bit of misrepresentation. All in all, I think I'd rather have the epsilon logo.

As you can see, my TRC is not as usual...I did it myself by scrubbing off the ULTRA's name and put one of those chrome sticker sold on ebay to replace or do a fake Gibson headstock... It cost $6.00 and I still have the "Les Paul" sticker and the black shinny large sticker to cover the entire headstock... Was'nt my intention to cover the whole headstock, I was just hoping the "Gibson" logo would fit the TRC...and it does...

p3282110.jpg

I am the owner of a 1995 Epiphone Les Paul standard which I picked up used. I noticed that it's truss rod cover has 3 screws but has the word "GIBSON" on it. I dont have any info on my guitar's past' date=' so i wouldnt know if the previous owner swapped it out or something. Is there anyone here who knows about epi LPs having "GIBSON" truss rod covers? I know the newer ones dont have "GIBSON" on it. Here's a pic of it...sorry for the bad pic, i dont have any other at the moment...

[img']http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/Pritong_Galunggong/Picture1559.jpg[/img]

My Epiphone LP Studio have Studio mark on TRC.

This is made in 1998.

According to the Guitar Dater project website, the LP I have was made at the Unsung Korea plant in 1995. That is as much of it's past that I know. And yes, the TRC has 3 screws. Here are some pics I took just now, but I suck at taking pics, so I apologize for the quality beforehand...

Picture1568.jpg

Picture1573.jpg

Picture1565.jpg