Gibson Brands Forums

I am trying to find out if Epiphone has a custom shop and if they do, did they make any les paul standards with a birdseye maple

Lerxst1281733995

Epiphone has no real custom shop... The limited edition models also say "custom shop" in the seal on the back of the headstock, but that's mostly for show... There are some older LPs that were made in the Samick factory which have a birdseye maple top.. Those are the only ones that I'm aware of.. Maybe someone else will have some more info..

Nope No Custom Shop. Just Custom Shop stickers and stamps too make folks think their Epi is worth more than

Standard production models.

They do this too sigs and limited runs as well.

The last Actual Custom Shop made Epiphone was probably in the early 70's.

And I dont think their MIJ's count as Custom Shop guitars either.

Excellent guitars though.

The original model for that was the Les Paul Classic Birdseye; these were produced en masse in the early to mid nineties. Later on they offered the Standard Plus with a birdseye top, this was just one or two years ago. You could probably find one on eBay. The nineties models were made by Samick and are very nice guitars.

• 6 months later...

I have a 1996 Epiphone Les Paul classic, birds eye maple translucent with Seymour duncan pick ups.

Its in mint condition with a Hiscox hard case and available at the right price.

I have never seen one with this finish before or since i spotted this one.

E-mail any offers to tez.knight1@ntlworld.com

can provide model number and photographs.

The original model for that was the Les Paul Classic Birdseye; these were produced en masse in the early to mid nineties. Later on they offered the Standard Plus with a birdseye top' date=' this was just one or two years ago. You could probably find one on eBay. The nineties models were made by Samick and are very nice guitars.[/quote']

Hey Spud....good to see you over here, again! Welcome back!

Now, were those "Birdseye" maple tops, actually "caps" like Gibson's, or

just veneers? Just curious...

CB

So, who then, posted in his name and avatar? Well, whatever....

Back to topic..."Custom Shop" is a "Marketing Ploy!" Even with Gibson and Fender, mostly.

If you have enough "juice," you can get "Custom" things made, but for most purposes, it's

a marketing tool, or..an excuse to make things the way they should be made, anyway...and to

charge more money for it! PRS says they don't have a "Custom Shop," because they ARE a "Custom Shop!"

(Well, whatever works, I guess?)

CB

It was Spud' date=' but it was posted March 28, 2008 - before he was banned. Jerry hasn't been around in ages either. I don't know if he got banned or lost interest since so many were banned.[/quote']

Hmmmm...does that mean anyone can move/repost your posts, into another thread??? Otherwise,

would He have to be the one, that did that? I guess I'm missing something, here...as usual?! LOL!

No big deal, unless just anyone can move or edit your posts, without your knowledge...then that's a

Big Deal, for me...anyway.

CB

No' date=' CB, it hasn't been reposted, mate. Check out the dates of the thread and the first few comments.

I understand that, and can see the original post date...what I'm wondering/confused about, is

how did it get on here, today?! Forgive me, if this is really lame, but I'm "Cornfused!" LOL!

CB

Probably Tez above (who only has one post on the forum) used the search function and decided it was a good place to place his for sale notice (spam?) causing the topic to be 'bumped' ie moved back up to the front of the posts queue.

It was good seeing Rotcan's avatar again though. I wish he was truly back.

Probably Tez above (who only has one post on the forum) used the search function and decided it was a good place to place his for sale notice (spam?) causing the topic to be 'bumped' ie moved back up to the front of the posts queue.

It was good seeing Rotcan's avatar again though. I wish he was truly back..

OK...I think I get it, now. LOL! And yeah, it would be nice if Spud would/could visit us,

now and again. I saw how one member had been "suspended" for 5-6 years???! LOL...

How does THAT happen...that's just Nuts! Of course, for him, it's a "badge of honor,"

seemingly. LOL!

CB

Archived