Gibson Brands Forums

Talent guitars by epiphone

stepi

Hi guys, I'm an oldie acoustic player and was looking for an AJ 100N at a music store. Then it hit me in the face , "Talent" with Epi "E" on the headstock. They had a LP's and SG's, some plain ,some with weird, crazy graphics on them. I'm rather partial to SG's and liked the "tangerine-ish" colour. Can anyone shed some light on these guitars?

Cheers

Sounds like a G-310 to me. Not quite a special, not quite a G-400. I've heard they're decent guitars, some folks can't get around the bolt-on neck it has, I've never played one, there's people here have 'em though, and seem quite happy with them.

I believe that the Talent line is made for the Chinese market or something. I've never seen them in the states. You're seeing them because New Zealand is closer to China.

Here is the official site in Chinese (not that I can read it): http://www.gibson.cn/products.asp?flag=1&parentcla=34&classid=86

The instruments are dodgy Specials, but one of them is a 24-fret Les Paul with a Floyd Rose and there is a line called "Typegraphical" with some neat designs.

Archived