Gibson Brands Forums

"Gear" Stimulus Package

yosoybay

Ok, so I'm assuming that a significant percentage of the people on this forum will spend at least a portion of your Economic Stimulus Package money on some sort of gear. So, for the purposes of this thread, let's assume you have $600 and you HAVE to spend it on guitars or gear.

What do you buy??? :-k (Doesn't have to be Epi or Gibson.)

I think I'd get this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-1966-G-400-Electric-Guitar-102676350-i1166714.gc

and this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-Whammy-Pedal-with-MIDI-Control-100883446-i1124231.gc

That's pretty much exactly $600.

Your turn... O:)

I make too much to get the check.

That's ok' date=' you can still participate:

...So' date=' for the purposes of this thread, let's assume you have $600 and you HAVE to spend it on guitars or gear... [/quote']

The teenagers on this thread won't get the money either since they're dependents. It's just for fun and gear-lust.

O:)

We don't have a Economic Stimulus Package. But I'll play anyway. P90 LP. If I buy second, I'll have enough for some upgrades. Black PU covers, Tonepros bridge and tail, tuners and a nice strap. In that order.

Edit: I'll trade the upgrades for a Bigsby!

You can have the guitar in my avatar for 6 bills. O:) Looks kinda like a Black LP Custom w/ chrome.

Thanks, but no thanks. I do like the looks of your guitar, but I have always liked the extra inlay work on Customs over Standards. If I do get the black LP I will most likely gut it, put in new pickups, rewire it and put a Bigsby on it.

we are probably buying a big sexy stainless steal dual door refrigerator....... it will keep my coffee and water cold for when i am playing all the other gear i managed to buy so far this year... lol.... and maybe build my jaguar i have always wanted.. lol...

I agree on that TC-90. It looks like Fender may have discontinued those, though. No longer on their website or at MF/123. There's a local music store here in Tulsa that has two & if I don't go broke trying to sell my house & if he still has one left it's gonna be mine. Man, those SD P-90's sound great and the neck is pencil-thin & fast as lightning.

Assuming the jewelry that I bought for the Mrs. for her birthday will be justification enough to divert the stimulus to the gear fund; I will buy the following until the money runs out.

1. A P90 equipped something or other

2. a 12 string electric (maybe a Riviera Elitist!!)

3. SG (Elitist, G-400 or a Junior w P90)

4. Frankenstrat body & neck (project I have been wanting to build for a long time)

5. A jazz box hollow body electric (a buddy of mine has a Gretsch copy made by Brownsville and it is a really nice axe)

6. More guitar stands!!

Archived