Gibson Brands Forums

What would you trade off for your guitars?

bluefoxicy

Ughh, definitely not food! I'd rather play an old guitar while satisfied than a new guitar while hungry!

I don't know, I guess stuff you don't need. Sell crap that's taking up space in your house on ebay: old printers or laptops or books or clothing. I'm not really sure - I'd just save up my money until I have enough for a guitar if I were you.

I don't know' date=' I guess stuff you don't need. Sell crap that's taking up space in your house on ebay: old printers or laptops or books or clothing.

[/quote']

I just dumped 5 TRASH BAGS (big black garden cleaning bags) of clothes people dumped on me for Christmas etc, I couldn't find the floor in my room! Good will should have gave me a good guitar! =P~

I have an excess of stuff I don't want/need that I could ebay off for $50, $100 bucks here and there and my parents are like "just throw it in the trash." Things like a mint condition 5 CD changer (who plays CDs?), guitar parts (Epiphone original pickups I don't want anymore, might go for $20), some $40 amps that I bought that I don't want anymore, etc. We're talking, some of this stuff I just bought and have buyer's remorse; others I just SCRUBBED 8 years of dust off.

I'm thinking next month... nah later than that I might do a guitar run, post something for anyone that's got an electric they want to junk I'll buy even if it's in bad condition for around $50 give or take a little. Do a little work restoring some banged-up trash, maybe sell it off when I'm done. It'll be good practice AND profitable.

Dad's guitar came from a trashcan, not kidding; I'm about ready to just get some parts from Stewmac and overwind a single coil, that pickup is pretty vintage (microphones!). I'm seriously wondering what happens if I wind half the coil one way, then start winding in the OTHER DIRECTION (technical note: aren't you supposed to turn the magnet around too?), I doubt it'll do what I'm expecting.

Ok, Ok, this is April Fools day. Did youse guys ever see the

movie "Crossroads" with Ralph Maccahio who sells his soul

to "the man in the dark suit" to play like no one else has

every played..and Bezeelbub engages this "shredder" to

outdo him in the final showdown? Who was the shredder?

I'd trade my wife, but after 40 years she would probably get rid of me for a piano, and she doesn't even play. We have one argument in the spring when we get cabin fever...and another one in the fall when we start talking to each other again......Just kidding......Lord, I hope she dosen't read this.

I'd trade my wife' date=' but after 40 years she would probably get rid of me for a piano, and she doesn't even play. We have one argument in the spring when we get cabin fever...and another one in the fall when we start talking to each other again......Just kidding......Lord, I hope she dosen't read this.[/quote']

ROFL!

Ok' date=' Ok, this is April Fools day. Did youse guys ever see the

outdo him in the final showdown? Who was the shredder?[/quote']

Steve Vai was the shredder, al other guitarparts by Ry Cooder.

Peter

Ok' date=' Ok, this is April Fools day. Did youse guys ever see the

outdo him in the final showdown? Who was the shredder?[/quote']

That was Steve Vai. The guy who played Ralph Macchio's parts was Ry Cooder.

I trade labour. I have two sheets at the store where I work: the first is a list of what they owe me for guitar tech work done outside the shop (simple stuff like string changes, minor adjustments and repairs etc. gets done in-house) and the second is a list of all the stuff (guitars, pickups, parts) I ordered for myself. Every couple of months they cut me a cheque for the work and I sign it right back to them plus/minus any difference... and we start two new sheets.

I just realised I have a couple of expedition and 4-season tents and lots of mountaineering gear easily worth a brand new guitar, say a Gibson LP Standard.

Although tempting, I think I'm not going to sell any of those. The gear I need to be able to spend a week or two hiking or skiing somewhere ten or twenty miles away from the closest human beings is something I'm not ready to give up yet.

My newest pair of Hanwag boots has seen a thousand miles these couple of years and they will see probably at least another thousand before I have to retire them. They are one of the small things that keep me going.

Labour, yes. Old Nikon camera bodies and lenses, yes. Outdoor gear, no.

I've been thinking about ebaying my old star wars toys. Buh whaaa??? Suplex says he sells what????Lol rolf rolf' date='sneezing milk from my nose.I said nose.[/quote']

Yeah D.

There's big money in that racket. Now let's see bring a child into this wonderful world or get a guitar? :-k

#-o

Yeah D.

There's big money in that racket. Now let's see bring a child into this wonderful world or get a guitar? :-k

O:)

The scary thing about that is reading about these people who gave sperm and have "kids" that look them up later in life. Those confidentiality agreements are obviously not air tight, so that is definitely not worth a guitar.

The scary thing about that is reading about these people who gave sperm and have "kids" that look them up later in life. Those confidentiality agreements are obviously not air tight' date=' so that is definitely not worth a guitar. [/quote']

Maybe so, but it would sure be a fun day at the office.

i get away pretty cheap .... usually only drink water or coffee (minimum of a gallon of water daily...) bearkfast is usally something small or if i have time, 2 eggs or maybe half a BPJ. lunch is a bowl of soup.... yep ...everyday... a bowl of soup.... dinner is usually a bowl of soup, a sandwhich or some wierd leftovers i scrape together...----i consume an average of 1000-1200 calories aday. saves a crap ton of money(of course we somehow always spend a lot at the grocery-- but probably no where near what others do... i m not a big fan of food being expensive.... it just makes you fat and it turns into poop...whats the point? lol... i love choc. chip cookes and tostidos though...my god!

a good budget idea is to watch redundant spending... thurn lights OFF... turn down heat a few degreez when you leave, learn to cut hair for 7-10 bucks... cut your own hair(done mine since 1993 gotten pretty good.. lol)

shop kohls discount rack ALLL THE TIME... i always buy the expensive looking stuff for 8-13 bucks an item when it goes on supoer sale 6 months later (flat front slacks, pattern stitched dressshirts (i am skinny so i can wear a 15inch or 15.5 inch neck which is a rare size so i have a lot of good choices... ill get 5-8 NICE shirts that the same exact cuts and style at macys/dillards (where i used to shop) i could onlky buy one shirt.... you just have to know how to shop... i never buy anything just cause its cheap-- everything looks expensive, fits well and looks GQ..always. a friend of mine gave me like 25 robert talbot ties (85-160 dollars each) because he has worn them more than 4 times (he is LOADED

we do all our work on the house ourselves and have purchased all our light fixtures, ceiling fan and chandaleirs on clearance at lowes ..usually half off..... once i do our living room hard wood- we will have restored 3 rooms hardwood floors (were carpet wtf) and tiled our larger than average kitchen and a bathroom all for about 600 ish (not including the 9x11 area rugs i got on a hell of a clearance!!!!!!)

there are always ways to save a crap ton of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you have a cell phone, why do you have a landline if you dont have a fax? get your cable and internet together--see if your town has its own cable (we do and we pay 55 for our internet and cable....)

and with all of our savings what do we do? we are dumb and have 2 500 dollar car payments.... lol.. they should be 600 dollar payments...we are smarrt....lol....

Archived