Gibson Brands Forums

Happy new '56 Goldtop guitar day to me

jcwillow777

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas moring to get here so I can open my presents. The FedEx truck just delivered my new Goldtop. It was shipped in the hardshell case. So, it is sitting in the case in front of the fireplace warming up. I'll give it at least another hour and a half and see how the case feels before I think about opening it up to check it out. I got it from Sweetwater. Really fast shipping. It went out yesterday and I got it today. I have had really good luck with them before, hopefully no problems this time. Pictures will come.

Thanks for the congrats guys. Here are some pics.

Goldtop1.jpg

Goldtop2.jpg

Goldtop5.jpg

I did find one minor flaw in the finish on the neck, but not enough to warrant sending it back. It sounds greeeeeeeat!

I'm gonna get some strap locks on before I play any more, I ordered a set with the guitar. I've dropped one too many Les Pauls.

I played around with one of those a few months ago at GC. If your new guitar is like that one' date=' you absolutely HAVE to plug into a Fender HOTROD DeVille. LUV multiple speakers!

[/quote']

I have a Hot Rod Deluxe with a Vintage 30. It's not at home now, but I'll try it out tomorrow. Right now I am running it thorugh a Weber 6M18TMB (Marshall Clone) and into a 2x12 cab with vintage 30s. I'm at home alone now, so I have the amp cranked to 5 and this baby pushed the tubes really sweet. I'm am lovin' this guitar.

The set up on this guitar was amazing. Action was almost perfect and the intonation was dead on. The strings even aren't too bad. I will definitely buy from Sweetwater again!

Congratulations! I've had my GT for 3 weeks and am still digging it!

I STILL haven't heard mine through my Hot Rod Deluxe. Our drummer has been laid up with a broken toe on his right foot, so our gear has been packed away. Next week, for sure!

You have purchased a great guitar. I am not a Gibson fan and was reluctant to try it at the suggestion of the store owner. Immediately I realized that I was playing a special guitar.

After about 15 minutes I payed for it and brought it home. I do a lot of gigs and the Epi is with me at all times. Played through either a Blues Deluxe or Blues Junior, it sounds great.

When Gibson owners come out to hear us, they can't believe that I'm playing an Epiphone.

Treat it well and it won't let you down.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas moring to get here so I can open my presents. The FedEx truck just delivered my new Goldtop. I. Really fast shipping. It went out yesterday and I got it today. I have had really good luck with them before' date='[/quote']

Congrats on that new Epi Goldtop. They are addictive, you just can't have one...

I had a good experience with Sweetwater on a Epi Special II. Fast delivery, free

shipping and no problems.

Not saying bad things' date=' just wondering about the logic that puts a [i']white[/i] control cover on the dark back of a goldtop? Wait! I didn't look -- tell me its got a matching white nut?

It does have a cream nut. I was wondering about the cream covers on the back too. Not sure if I like them either. I may change them, but for now they are staying.

Archived