Gibson Brands Forums

"Great" deal on used Epi pickups

Ron G

I heard somewhere that the going price on Epi pickups is something like $5/pair. Heck' date=' I know of some fine charitable souls that will [i']give them away[/i] to a deserving person in need.

Yeah, like Gary's giving one to me!

Next he's going to be selling that 'upgraded' Les Paul standard for $750. Yep, that's right.

Because he spent $599 for it at Guitarget, then upgraded the pickups which cost him another $200, plus the cost of the installs which was another $100 and the case which he paid another $100 on.

So, he's got a total of a grand in the thing, so $750 is a bargain.

Right?

Oh wait, that was another rant.

It must be weird to have no morals or be that dumb. #-o

Next he's going to be selling that 'upgraded' Les Paul standard for $750. Yep' date=' that's right.

Because he spent $599 for it at Guitarget, then upgraded the pickups which cost him another $200, plus the cost of the installs which was another $100 and the case which he paid [i']another[/i] $100 on.

So, he's got a total of a grand in the thing, so $750 is a bargain.

Right?

Oh wait, that was another rant.

It must be weird to have no morals or be that dumb. #-o

Totally agree. I also hate when CG ads cite the "MSRP" for guitars instead of what they actually sell for.

I respect you though JEPI, at least you had the smarts and guts to try to find out the answer to your bewilderment.

Many of us do not. And BTW, you're not the only one who doesn't get things around here. I and others have been plenty guiltly of this. So...lift up that head and pull back those shoulders! There are many more stupid answers in the world than stupid questions.

I heard somewhere that the going price on Epi pickups is something like $5/pair. Heck' date=' I know of some fine charitable souls that will [i']give them away[/i] to a deserving person in need.

I've seen Epi pups selling on eBay for as much as $25 a piece.. I don't know why people buy them, but they do.. One time, just for S&Gs I put the HB that I ripped outta my bolt-on Junior up on eBay for $15... I actually got bids on it! Ended up getting about $20 for it in the end..

I went looking for Gibby or other aftermarket used pickups when I finally bought the SD Pearlies. I didn't find any deals, so I bought new. Most people were getting new prices for used gear, so I declined, quit searching, and bit the bullet to get new ones. You'd think that pre-owned adds value if you look at Ebay. I expected to get 2 for 1 in the used market and that would have been a good deal.

Archived