Gibson Brands Forums

Negative Feedback and VVR?

I'm looking at the NFB diagram (I hear this gives you more clean headroom??? What?) and thinking, this won't work with 3 outputs on a head! To rig that up I'd need 3 diodes and even then, there'd be current draw across two unused circuits at all times... thoughts?

Not sure what a VVR does, might throw that at a second VJ if it sounded attractive. Google isn't helping.

I'm looking at the NFB diagram (I hear this gives you more clean headroom??? What?) and thinking' date=' this won't work with 3 outputs on a head! To rig that up I'd need 3 diodes and even then, there'd be current draw across two unused circuits at all times... thoughts?

Not sure what a VVR does, might throw that at a second VJ if it sounded attractive. Google isn't helping.[/quote']

WRONG. You need to read a little....go here for NFB http://www.aikenamps.com/ ...and go to sewatt.com and look at the VVR threads.

Thanks!

EDIT: haha love this thing's FAQ...

Q: Class A watts are different from class AB watts - they're louder, right?

A: Absolutely not. This is a common misconception put forth by people who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Bluefoxicy... you're running down the rabbit hole that many have proceeded before you... cGil/Layboomo/Nomad100 have worked very hard to create the valvejunior101 thread hear and the FAQ thread on sewatt.

Way too much info in those threads, you have to rtfm...

No diodes in the NFB, and the variable voltage regulator is a different beast and no you won't be able to google/yahoo/or msn this.. you gotta read up on them on sewatt.

NFB just reduces gain by looping signal back in.. VVR reduces overall voltage to reduce power output...

RTFM mate.. no other way.

I know my answer sounds kind of strong but I've read every inch of them..(guess you call it "negative feedback :-)" more than once too.

best practice.. print out your ver3 schematic and as you read, look that the schematic and find the points they talk about... realy helps.

Archived