Gibson Brands Forums

Help with my serial number

integraAZ

I have an Epiphone SG that I am trying to figure out the approximate value of. It was given to me as a gift about 7 years ago and I belive it was purchased at a pawn shop. The serial number is on the top back of the neck and reads s9212195 Underneath that it says "MADE IN KOREA". There is a small sticker on the bottom of the neck that reads "G400.CH". I thought it might be a "G-400" model, but when I did research on the G400 they all seem to have the all metal metallic pick ups. This guitar has the standard plastic type pick ups. I plan on selling the guitar on Ebay, I just need to figure out what model it actually is and how much it is worth.

Thank you!

You seem to have left a number off so I stuck a 1 on the end. It doesnt matter if it's the last number anyway.

Your guitar was made at the

Samick Plant, Korea

December 1992

Production Number: 1951

ref: www.guitardaterproject.org

Worth ? I wouldn't think it was worth much. Same as any other used G400. No offense, it's just the way it is.

...I thought it might be a "G-400" model' date=' but when I did research on the G400 they all seem to have the all metal metallic pick ups. This guitar has the standard plastic type pick ups. I plan on selling the guitar on Ebay, I just need to figure out what model it actually is and how much it is worth.

Thank you! [/quote']

The early Samick G-400s had open coil pickups. And dot markers on the fretboard. Check out:

Epiphone 1995 Catalog

You seem to have left a number off so I stuck a 1 on the end. It doesnt matter if it's the last number anyway.

Your guitar was made at the

Samick Plant' date=' Korea

December 1992

Production Number: 1951

ref: www.guitardaterproject.org

Worth ? I wouldn't think it was worth much. Same as any other used G400. No offense, it's just the way it is.[/quote']

Hmmm.. That is the serial number thats on the guitar... S9212195

Is it supposed to have 9 digits?

What is the approx. value of this guitar in fair condition? What would be the lowest price I should sell it for?

Thank you

Archived