Gibson Brands Forums

Identifying my Epi Les Paul Limited Edition

Ok guys, I've hunted through the posts, and I've gotten a little help on my guitar, but I have just one question, is my Limited Edition Les Paul an LP Custom or an LP Standard?

It has an ID of I 00052122, so I know it was made in May 2000 in the Saein plant, and that it rolled off the line as guitar #2122.

I just don't know whether it's Custom or Standard, or if it doesn't even fall into those two designations. It's wine red finish, gold hardware, cream plastics. I'm also kind of curious as to how much it's worth (not planning on selling, just want to know if I paid a lot less than what it's worth or not). Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks.

-Yeah, from all that I've ever seen, Customs have the block inlays, and the Standards and Classics have the trapezoids. I "think" I "might" have seen a couple Customs without the split diamond inlay on the headstock. But the fretboard inlays will definitely tell you which model you have.

L8R,

Matt D.

Block FB inlays and split diamonds on the headstock are standard on the Custom. Also binding around the headstock and back of the body on the Custom. Most usually have gold hardware, black plastic an speed knobs. A pic would put it to rest.

As for price at MF they range from $569 - 699, depending on model. Don't get excited about the Limited Edition, it just means a specific run of alterate colours for the most part and doesn't add anything to its collectibility.

The only 'Custom' feature you have described is the gold hardware and it's not unusual to get LE Epis with gold hardware instead of the usual chrome. The creme parts would indicate that it is most likely a Standard.

Archived