Gibson Brands Forums

does any body have a spare

restoringepi

bigsby or lyre or maestro or e.t.c.

Gibson tulip tuners

spare gold neck pu

I will be willing to pay or can you refer me to someone who has one cheap.

I am restoring a custum i found in someones trashcan

Hey cool 13yguitarman made up a new moniker...same bad jokes...same bad spelling.

failcabzg7pe5.jpg

Oh i just noticed i spelled cutom wrong. Maybe we share bad spelling but how many people do you know that spell every word correctly all the time.
Eye, four won, due.

Besides, 13ygtrman wouldn just put his own city in the location... and get really mad rather than write the "Oh i just noticed..." bit.

The thing that bothers me, I guess, is that here is a person with 5 posts at the time I write this note, asking complete strangers to help him obtain expensive parts cheaply -- especially when 4 of those posts are in this thread! and the fifth is in a thread where 13yoguitarman got dinged for [you guessed it] trying to obtain expensive parts cheap.

Does it seem coincidental to you? It could be something completely innocent, and my surmise entirely wrong. But...

Hey I am not up by any means for giving the kid a hard time. After all that's what he is, a kid. I had to call his bluff this one time because I just had a gut feeling about this thread that's all.

But we were all there once and believe me, I was far from angelic at his age.

On the other hand, there are some people that just aren't going to tolerate it when he acts like a buffoon. At that age, if he somehow realized how much he could gain here by the way of knowledge on this forum and tried to utilize it for what it is worth, he would have lots of fun here and would be most welcomed.

But unfortunately he seems to go another route.

I sell bigsbys. and I'll give you a good price.. you can check online and compare.

just pm me and we'll see which bigsby you want to use.

take a look at wdmusic.com for examples of what types will fit.

TWANG

my sepeling is fhine.

Hey I am not up by any means for giving the kid a hard time. After all that's what he is' date=' a kid. I had to call his bluff this one time because I just had a gut feeling about this thread that's all.

But we were all there once and believe me, I was far from angelic at his age.

On the other hand, there are some people that just aren't going to tolerate it when he acts like a buffoon. At that age, if he somehow realized how much he could gain here by the way of knowledge on this forum and tried to utilize it for what it is worth, he would have lots of fun here and would be most welcomed.

But unfortunately he seems to go another route. [/quote']

I'm not familiar(enough) with the history on this forum. But one observation I made is, no matter what 13Y says, some guy will put him down. You know, that sig is just a provocation, intended to react upon. If we really know better, how come we can't seem to ignore it?

If he really is 13 years of age and you consider yourself an expert, there is an opportunity to guide the little dude. Enlighten him. As it is he is just given an incentive to behave like a prick. I would too if I were treated like that. Regardless of my age!

I sell bigsbys. and I'll give you a good price.. you can check online and compare.

just pm me and we'll see which bigsby you want to use.

take a look at wdmusic.com for examples of what types will fit.

Thanks i'll check them out in little bit

I'm not familiar(enough) with the history on this forum. But one observation I made is' date=' no matter what 13Y says, some guy will put him down. You know, that sig is just a provocation, intended to react upon. If we really know better, how come we can't seem to ignore it?

If he really is 13 years of age and you consider yourself an expert, there is an opportunity to guide the little dude. Enlighten him. As it is he is just given an incentive to behave like a prick. I would too if I were treated like that. Regardless of my age![/quote']

I'm with you Ricochet...having a 13y/o step daughter here at home (insert smiley pulling hair out here!) and having raised 2 sons and a daughter of my own that are grown up now, and 5 grand kids that will all to soon be that age, give the little dude a chance. He thinks right now the things he does makes him sound grown up. We need to help guide him, not show him that kind of stuff gets him attention.

I have seen a couple of the older crowd in here take advantage of free stuff offered, or a better deal than could be gotten onlineor at a store. We all like deals that save us money. If we didn't there wouldn't be Epiphones, and GFS and Ebay wouldn't be around either.

So don't get so upset when a kid ask for something, they are kids and that is how they know to get stuff...ask thier parents for it. Us being older fall into that Elder spot so we get ask.

OK I am done,

Capt

Sometimes I think we flame 13Y a little too much. I think it's his sig statement that started it. Let's give him another chance to be a contributing member here. The world needs teenage guitar players with old guy influence. Maybe the guitar solo will come back. (grin)

I'm not familiar(enough) with the history on this forum. But one observation I made is' date=' no matter what 13Y says, some guy will put him down. You know, that sig is just a provocation, intended to react upon. If we really know better, how come we can't seem to ignore it?

If he really is 13 years of age and you consider yourself an expert, there is an opportunity to guide the little dude. Enlighten him. As it is he is just given an incentive to behave like a prick. I would too if I were treated like that. Regardless of my age![/quote']

Makes perfect sense Ricochet, as I said again if he wants to be part of the group unlike other forums who would have written him off by now, this place would welcome him IF he calms down of course.

I say, if the kid wants to hang with adults, fine, he can ACT like an adult. I've told him this before. More than once. But little kids don't have the right to get all pissy, and he does. Every time. I tried to treat him like the new kid on the job. Answer his questions, explain things, etc. He jumped in my sh!t. Time after time, to the point where I can predict his actions. No excuse for it. Sorry, won't take attitude off anybody, anytime for any reason. Especially someone asking for my help that I know is going to slam me for it. If you read his threads, you'll see that I don't jump on him until he does something incredibly stupid, like his "My whatever kills whatever you've got" slogun. I'm trying to train him into some kind of reasonable community behavior. He also luvs to pile on, whenever adults start to get a bit feisty, and obviously has no idea what is being discussed. No adult is going to take that crap face to face, so I don't understand why we should take it over the internet. Just the way I am.

I agree with you 100% Gary!

Recently, several members stated their ages on a post, and I was very surprised they were in their early teens.

Surprised because they had always acted in a "adult manner" when posting. Now I don't expect a 13 year old to act exactly like an adult, but he/she should know, by observation of this forum and the world around him/her, that when communicating in a public forum there are certain ways one behaves. Like I said, I could give several examples on here of young teenagers that know how to behave on here. But I won't name names. But I think all of us can say, that 13yguitarboy is a shining example of someone who is young and thinks they know WAY more than they actually do. It's one thing to think you know everything (I thought I did too at 13), and quite another to run your mouth and prove to all you don't. This kid has been give many opportunities to clean up his act. And yet he still persists to act like an 8 year old most of the time. I have seen better written communication by 7 year olds! Is it so hard to proofread your sentences once you write them? He usually just writes in a stream of consciousness manner, that one has to decipher. This, and many more examples I could show, only proves his lack of effort in trying to behave in a manner more condusive to intelligent conversation. AND GET RID OF THE SIG KID, THAT IS THE SIG OF AN IMMATURE, IGNORANT CHILD!

I've been online since I was his age, and I've always managed to get along with everyone I've talked to.

Some forums I go to, or used to go to, seem to be crawling with "little kids" who then reveal themselves to be ten years older than I am, or more. They certainly don't act like it.

I was offered a pup selector switch cap a few days ago, but I couldn't take it... I have a problem taking things from strangers when I have nothing to give in return.

Archived