Gibson Brands Forums

does any body have a spare

restoringepi

Sometimes I think we flame 13Y a little too much. I think it's his sig statement that started it.

It wasn't the sig that started it' date=' Dave.. This started on the old forum a while back... When he first came around here, asking questions and looking for handouts, we were all accommodating to him and treated him the way we would treat any newcomer on this forum, taking his immaturity with aplomb... Sometime later, he discovered the "My Les Paul" forum and went out of his way to disrespect and insult everybody on this forum; announcing that we all [i']suck[/i] and that he was leaving because nobody here could help him... Then he disappeared for a little while, only to snake back to the forum a while later, like nothing ever happened (The folks at MLP must have gotten fed up with his punk ***..) If you ask me, I think the kid owes a lot of people here an apology... If he expects anyone to take him seriously or do anything for him, he needs to learn a little humility, respect and basic MANNERS that his parents should have taught him..

It wasn't the sig that started it' date=' Dave.. This started on the old forum a while back... When he first came around here, asking questions and looking for handouts, we were all accommodating to him and treated him the way we would treat any newcomer on this forum, taking his immaturity with aplomb... Sometime later, he discovered the "My Les Paul" forum and went out of his way to disrespect and insult everybody on this forum; announcing that we all [i']suck[/i] and that he was leaving because nobody here could help him... Then he disappeared for a little while, only to snake back to the forum a while later, like nothing ever happened (The folks at MLP must have gotten fed up with his punk ***..)

FWIW, I "discovered" this forum and the mylespaul forum around the same time, when I was in the market for my Epi LP ...... needless to say, I first became aware of said individual over at mylespaul - he was no different there, although I haven't noticed him around there, lately (at least under that username). I like this site, I like that site ... heck, there's info to be gleaned everywhere, just as there are knuckleheads everywhere, unfortunately...](*,) And, yeah, even if his sig started nothing, it's absolutely stupid, and only kicks himself in the arse by using it](*,)

I'm not familiar(enough) with the history on this forum. But one observation I made is' date=' no matter what 13Y says, some guy will put him down. You know, that sig is just a provocation, intended to react upon. If we really know better, how come we can't seem to ignore it?

If he really is 13 years of age and you consider yourself an expert, there is an opportunity to guide the little dude. Enlighten him. As it is he is just given an incentive to behave like a prick. I would too if I were treated like that. Regardless of my age![/quote']

I like the subtle "he's a troll" hint there.

I get railed around like this in a few places, I used to behave the same way but then I dealt with that and now... well I still get railed around, just not here. Criticism helps, but not fifteen posts of "oh wow little jackass is back" that's just asinine.

I'm with you on this one. The more you go off on someone's behavior like an asshat, the more they'll feel threatened and confused, and the worse they'll behave partly for irritation and partly for sheer lack of understanding. Yes, sometimes that understanding takes a few hundred tries to bang through someone's head.... :|

Me I'll just stay out of it if I can. I have enough drama to deal with.

Recently' date=' several members stated their ages on a post, and I was very surprised they were in their early teens.

Surprised because they had always acted in a "adult manner" when posting.

[/quote']

Probably because they can play an instrument, so wind up jamming or or something, and that means they gotta learn to behave and get along proper instead of bein' all childish or else their little boy band won't last a damn week.

I missed that stage of development.. I horribly regret it :|

and went out of his way to disrespect and insult everybody on this forum; announcing that we all suck and that he was leaving because nobody here could help him...

See' date=' yeah, sign of maturity, if you don't like someone tell them they suck [i']to their face[/i]. I gotta take your side on that one.

FWIW' date=' I "discovered" this forum and the mylespaul forum around the same time, when I was in the market for my Epi LP ...... needless to say, I first became aware of said individual over at mylespaul - he was no different there, although I haven't noticed him around there, lately (at least under that username). I like this site, I like that site ... heck, there's info to be gleaned everywhere, just as there are knuckleheads everywhere, unfortunately...8-[ And, yeah, even if his sig started nothing, it's absolutely stupid, and only kicks himself in the arse by using it'](*,)

*edit* hmmmm, upon going and browsing members at mylespaul, he's no longer a member there now.....banned, perhaps ??? References to him come back in searched threads, but he's not a member there anymore ....hmmm,

who'da thunk ???!!!???

True enough... I don't have anything against MLP... I've lurked there a couple of times, seems like a decent forum.. I just think if he didn't appreciate anyone's help here, he should have just kept his mouth shut and moved on... There was no need to be a dink about it... He wouldn't have engendered so much animosity when he decided to come back... And I know he's just a kid.. I don't expect him to act like he's 45 or something, but you don't have to be an adult to have some common courtesy and respect in a public setting.

If My Les Paul doesn't want him around, there's plenty of room at Ultimate Guitar... He'll fit right in over there.. They'll probably think he's a freakin' genius.

Archived